TABLE OF CONTENTS
When working in ShipWorks the History tab gives the ability to view shipments processed on the current day by the currently logged in user. It is also possible to void a shipment, reprint a shipping label, to generate additional shipments for an order, to create USPS Scan Forms and to close FedEx when applicable.
This article will show you how to view shipment history, search for a shipment and how to customize the History screen.
First Things First
1. The History tab shows only the shipments processed on the current business day by the currently logged in ShipWorks user. In order to follow the steps outlined in this article, you must be logged into ShipWorks as a user that has processed at least one shipment on the current business day. Otherwise, the Shipment tab will show no shipments.
2. This article lists details and instructions for the latest release of ShipWorks. If you have not done so already, we recommend upgrading to the latest version of ShipWorks so that you have access to all of the latest and greatest features.
Viewing Shipping History
To view shipment history for the currently logged in user, click on the History tab.
By default, the Shipment History tab will display:
- The ShipWorks order number.
- The time the shipment was processed.
- The shipping provider with which the shipment was processed.
- The service used.
- The tracking number.
- The shipment's total cost.
- Whether or not it is a return shipment.
- Was the order verified.
Searching for a Shipment
Locating a shipment on the History tab is easy. Here's how:
Enter the order number into the Search Shipments field. The order will be displayed on the Shipment History grid.
1 - Searching by the complete order number.
Notice that as you type in the order number, the search results will narrow down. For example, if you don’t know the entire order number but you do know that it began with ‘29’, typing 29 into the Search Shipments field will display all orders with an order number beginning with ‘29’.
2 - Searching using a partial order number.
You can also search by tracking number in the same way.
3 - Searching using the complete tracking number.
3 - Searching using a partial tracking number.
4 - To learn more about Single Scan, click here.
Sorting the Shipment History Grid
It is also possible to sort the shipment history by clicking on any of the column headings in the Shipment History grid. Clicking the column header more than once will alternate between ascending and descending order.
5 - Shipment History sorted by the Order Number.
Customizing the Shipping History Screen
If you would like to customize the Shipment History tab by adding, removing or rearranging the columns on the grid, here’s how:
1. Right click on any column heading.
2. In the Column Order and Visibility screen, check or uncheck the box to the left of the column.
3. To rearrange the order in which the columns are displayed, select the column you wish to reorder. Then, use the Move Up and Move Down buttons to move the column to the location you would like.
6 - Adding, removing and organizing columns