Shipping profiles allow you to create and save sets of your most commonly used shipping defaults. These defaults, or profiles, can then be easily applied to a single shipment or to a group of selected shipments. For example, you could have a profile that automatically applies an expedited shipping service, weight, insurance, dimensions, signature required, turn on email notifications and more, all with just a couple of mouse clicks, with a keyboard shortcut or even with a barcode scan.
This article covers how to edit shipping profiles.
First Things First
This article assumes that you are running ShipWorks v5.24 or later. To check the version of ShipWorks you are running, click on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. To upgrade to the latest version, click here.
In order to add or edit Shipping Profiles, you will need to be logged into ShipWorks as a user that has administrator rights.
The Default Shipping Profiles
For this example, let's assume that we ship most of our packages using the USPS shipping provider and that most of our packages are shipped using Priority Mail, weigh 2 pounds and are shipped in a box with the dimensions of 8 x 6 x 3 inches. By editing the default USPS shipping profile to include these settings, we will no longer have to apply the service, weight and dimensions manually each time we select USPS as the shipping provider.
1. Open the Manage Profiles dialog by clicking on the Manage tab and then on the Shipping Profiles button.
2. Select the profile named Defaults - USPS (Stamps.com).
Of course, if you need to modify a default other than USPS, just select that provider's 'Defaults' shipping profile instead.
3. Click on the Edit button.
4. Update the appropriate values on the Shipping Profile screen.
- Since this is a default profile, the Name: and Provider: fields cannot be updated.
- The available options will be appropriate for the shipping provider for which you are editing the default profile. For example, since we are modifying the USPS default profile, we will see options appropriate to USPS.
5. Click the OK button to save the changes.
Editing Your Own Profiles
You can edit any shipping profiles you may have created in the exact same manner as above. Simply select your shipping profile and click the Edit button.
One thing to note is that the Provider: associated to an existing shipping profile cannot be updated when editing a shipping profile.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.