BigCommerce has recently introduced a new API, referred to as the OAuth API, used to connect BigCommerce to third party applications such as ShipWorks. BigCommerce recommends that all stores convert to using the OAuth API for connecting to ShipWorks.
This article will guide you through how to obtain your BigCommerce OAuth API credentials and how to convert your current ShipWorks connection to the new OAuth API. If you are adding BigCommerce to ShipWorks for the first time,please refer to this article instead.
In order to convert your BigCommerce connection to the OAuth API:
You will need to obtain your BigCommerce API Path, Client ID, and Access Token. (instructions below). Please have your BigCommerce admin panel username and password available.
To create your OAuth API Token and to obtain your API Path, Client ID, and Access Token, please see the Creating the BigCommerce Auth Token section of this article. Then, return to this article and continue with the following steps.
2. Select your BigCommerce store and then click on the Edit button.
3. Select the Store Connection link on the left side of the Store Settings screen.
4. Click on the Connect using OAuth button.
5. Verify that the API Path, Client ID, and Access Token you obtained from the above steps are entered correctly. Then, click the OK button.
Secure API Path URL
Ensure that the API Path: URL is entered as a secured URL, beginning with https://, as shown in the below screenshot.
6. Click the Close button. You are now connected to BigCommerce using the OAuth API.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.