For ShipWorks users connected to ChannelAdvisor, ShipWorks allows you to view, search for, and to filter on the ChannelAdvisor Buyer ID. This may be useful when locating orders for a specific Buyer ID within ShipWorks.
The ChannelAdvisor Buyer ID is associated to the items of an order and can be displayed in the Items panel in ShipWorks. If the Items panel is not displayed, you can display it by clicking on the View tab, then on the Show Panels button, then select Items.
1. Right click on any of the column heading in the Items panel to display the Column Order and Visibility screen.
2. Check the box to the left of Buyer ID (ChannelAdvisor).
3. Click anywhere outside of the Column Order and Visibility window to return back to the main ShipWorks screen.
The Buyer ID field is now displayed in the Items panel.
It is possible to create a filter that will display any orders with items associated to a specific Buyer ID. Here's how:
2. Click on the New Filter button.
3. Name the filter. Then, select the folder in which you would like your filter to be displayed. Click Next.
4. Click on the green Add Condition button. A new line will display: Order Total Equals $0.00.
5. Click on the blue text Order Total and select For Any Item.
6. Click on the second Add Condition button under For any item in the order. A new line is displayed: Item SKU Equals
7. Click on the blue text Item SKU and select ChannelAdvisor Buyer ID.
8. Enter the ChannelAdvisor Buyer ID you wish to locate into the blank text box. Then click Next.
9. Click Finish, then Close.
You now have a filter in the Filters Panel that displays any orders with items associated to the Buyer ID.
You can locate orders associated to a specific Buyer ID without creating a filter by using the Advanced Search feature in ShipWorks.
1. Click on the Advanced Search button located just to the right of the Search All Orders field to expand the Advanced Search options.
2. Follow steps 4 through 8 in the Creating a Filter For Orders with a Specific Buyer ID section of this article. When finished, your search box should look like the screenshot below.
Any orders associated to the Buyer ID will be displayed in the main orders grid. To exit the search, click on the blue X in the Search All Orders box.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.