ChannelAdvisor has recently introduced a new API, referred to as the REST (OAuth) API, used to connect ChannelAdvisor to third party applications such as ShipWorks.
This article will guide you through how to obtain your ChannelAdvisor REST API credentials and how to convert your current ShipWorks connection to the new REST API. If you are adding ChannelAdvisor to ShipWorks for the first time, please refer to this article instead.
First Things First
Please ensure that you have ShipWorks version 5.16 (or later) installed and that you have logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights. You can check your version of ShipWorks by clicking on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. For assistance upgrading, click here.
1. In ShipWorks, click on the Manage tab and then on the Stores button.
2. Select your ChannelAdvisor store from the list of stores. Then click the Edit button.
3. Click on the Store Connection link on the left side of the Store Settings screen. Then, click on the Upgrade to REST API button.
4. Verify that you wish to begin using the ChannelAdvisor Rest API by clicking OK. You will not be able to go back to the SOAP API.
5. Click on the Get Access Code button. This will open a ChannelAdvisor login page.
6. On the ChannelAdvisor login screen, enter your ChannelAdvisor username and password. Then, click Log In.
7. On the Select a Client page, verify that the correct ChannelAdvisor client is selected. Then, click the Select Client button.
8. Select the account you wish to connect to ShipWorks from the Select Accounts drop-down menu on the Grant Access screen. Then, click the Grant Access button.
9. Click on the Copy access code to Clipboard button. Then, paste the code into the Access Code: field on the Store Setup screen in ShipWorks.
10. Click OK and then Close.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.