ShipWorks version 5.18 or later supports the Groupon Parent Order ID. When ShipWorks receives multiple orders from Groupon that contain the same Parent Order ID, the orders will be combined into a single order in ShipWorks making it easier to keep track of orders shipping to the same address and allows you to easily create a single shipment for the combined orders.
First Things First
In order to use the Groupon Parent Order ID feature in ShipWorks, you will need to be on ShipWorks version 5.18 or later. You can check your version of ShipWorks by clicking on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. For assistance with upgrading to the latest version of ShipWorks, please see this article.
1. Some Groupon orders shipping to the same address are assigned the same Parent Order ID by Groupon.
2. When the orders are downloaded from Groupon into ShipWorks, ShipWorks is smart enough to detect orders with the same Parent Order ID and combines those Groupon Orders into a single order in ShipWorks.
3. You now have a single order in ShipWorks that contains all of the line items from the multiple Groupon Orders that have the same Parent Order ID.
4. You package a single package for the order and generate a single shipment to the customer containing all of the customer's items.
5. ShipWorks sends the shipment information (tracking number, etc.) back to Groupon for the orders with the same Parent Order ID.
6. On Groupon, the orders with the same Parent Order ID are updated with the shipment information.
GROUPON ORDER ID DIAGRAM
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.