This procedure is no longer necessary if you are using the UPS OnLine Tools system.
If your driver wants you to provide an End of Day form, or your UPS rep wants to review your PLD file, just let them know that ShipWorks is a Certified UPS Partner and sends this information directly to UPS using their API.
Figure 1.1: The bow-tie indicates that your package was pre-scanned into the UPS OnLine Tools system.
Creating the UPS End of Day Filter
1. From the Manage tab, click Filters New Filter.
2. Enter a name for the filter, e.g. "UPS End of Day" and then click "Next."
2. Indicate "For any shipment in the order...":
2a. After “If All of the following conditions are met…” click the “Add Condition” icon .
2b. Click Order Total and change it to For any Shipment using the dropdown menu provided.
3. Set the provider condition for the filter.
Under the line "For any shipment in the order...", leave “If All of the following conditions are met…” and click the “Add Condition” icon .
Leave the default "Provider Equals" as is, and select UPS from the drop-down menu.
4. Set the Processed Status condition.
Again, under the line "For any shipment in the order...", click the “Add Condition” icon .
Change the second condition by clicking Provider and selecting Processed Status from the dropdown menu.
Select Processed from the dropdown menu.
4. Set a branch for the next conditions (ship date and processed dates).
Under the line "For any shipment in the order...", click the “Branching” icon .
Leave And as is.
Change "If All..." to "If Any of the following conditions are met."
5. Set the ship date today condition:
- Click the Add conditions" icon .
- Change Provider to Ship Date, then click Equals and select Is Today from the drop-down menu.
6. Repeat as in step 5 to set up the Processed Date today condition:
- Click the Add conditions" icon .
- Change Provider to Processed Date.
- Click Equals and select Is Today from the drop-down menu.
Your filter setup should now look like this:
7. Click "Next" to save your changes.
8. (OPTIONAL) Adjust any grid columns according to your own business practices.
9. Click "Finish" and "Close".
Once you've finished setting up your UPS End of Day filter, you'll print this report for your records.
Printing the UPS End of Day Report
Templates format your data in an easy-to-read way, either in an email to customers, invoices, packing slips, or reports. If you navigate to Manage Templates, you can see all of the default templates ShipWorks has available. The template used in the end of day report is the “Shipping Profit and Loss” template.
1. Select all orders (Ctrl + A) in your “End of Day” filter.
2. Right-click on your orders and select Print Reports Financials Shipping Profit and Loss.
3. Select your printer (from the drop-down menu) and click “Print”.
4. Your "Shipping Profit and Loss" report will now print.The total number of orders is shown at the top of the page.
Exporting the UPS End of Day Report to Microsoft Excel
You can export data from your "UPS End of Day" report to Microsoft Excel by following the directions below.
1. Highlight your “End of Day” filter and select all of the orders located in it (Ctrl + A).
2. Go to Output Save Reports Financials Shipping Profit and Loss.
3. On the “Save As…” screen, name your file and save in an HTML format. This means that your file should end in .html (like example.html).
4. Open Microsoft Excel and open the "Shipping Profit and Loss" HTML file in Excel.
5. Your "Shipping Profit and Loss" report should now appear in Microsoft Excel.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.