ShipWorks connects directly to your BigCommerce account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from BigCommerce. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to BigCommerce.
This article will guide you through how to connect to your BigCommerce store using the BigCommerce OAuth API. If you need information on how to connect BigCommerce using the legacy API, please see this article.
Prior to connecting ShipWorks to your BigCommerce store, there are a few things you will need to have in place:
So that you can be sure that you have access to all of the latest tools and features that ShipWorks has to offer and so that you can ensure the steps in this article will work for you, we recommend making sure that you are running the latest version of the ShipWorks software. For assistance with checking your version of ShipWorks or with upgrading to the latest version, please see this help article.
You will need to obtain your BigCommerce API Path, Client ID, and Access Token. (instructions are below). Please have your BigCommerce admin panel username and password available.
1. Log into your BigCommerce administrator panel.
2. Click on the Advanced Settings link on the left side of the screen.
3. Click on the API Accounts link.
4. Click on the Create API Account button.
5. On the Create API Account screen, give the connection a descriptive name.
6. Make note of the API Path. You will need this path when adding BigCommerce to the ShipWorks software.
7. Set all of the OAuth Scopes to match the below screen-shot.
8. Click Save.
9. The BigCommerce API Credentials screen is displayed. Please note: This is the only time that this information is displayed.
Copy, write down, or take a screenshot of the information on this screen and save it to a secure location. You will need it to when adding BigCommerce to ShipWorks. Click Done once you have securely saved this information.
3. Enter the API Path, Client ID, and Access Token you obtained from the previous steps. Then, click Next.
4. On the BigCommerce Store Settings screen:
Weights are entered into BigCommerce as: - Select the unit of weight measure that you use in BigCommerce for your products.
Note: If you are unsure, please go back to your BigCommerce store and double-check. Selecting the wrong option may cause adverse effects in ShipWorks with how weights are displayed.
Check for modified or shipped orders: - It is recommended to leave the default settings.
5. Enter the Store Name and Address information on the Store Information screen and click Next.
6. Enter the additional Contact Information and click Next. Note that this information is optional.
7. Select how much order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download 30 Days of order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
8. Select the order status to which you would like ShipWorks to update the order after an order is processed from the Set the online order status to drop-down menu. Then, click Next.
9. Click Finish then click Close. Your orders will begin to download automatically.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.