ShipWorks connects directly to your ChannelAdvisor account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from ChannelAdvisor. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to ChannelAdvisor.
This article will guide you through the process of connecting ShipWorks to your ChannelAdvisor account using the OAuth connection in ShipWorks version 5.16 or later. If you are running a version of ShipWorks prior to version 5.16, please upgrade ShipWorks to the latest version or see this article to connect your ChannelAdvisor account.
Before connecting your ChannelAdvisor account to ShipWorks, please be sure that:
We recommend that you run the latest version of the ShipWorks software. This allows you to access the latest tools and features and ensures the steps in this article will work for you. For assistance with checking your version of ShipWorks or with upgrading to the latest version, please see this help article.
You are logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
You have your ChannelAdvisor login username and password available.
3. Click on the Get Access Code button. This will open a ChannelAdvisor login page.
4. On the ChannelAdvisor login screen, enter your ChannelAdvisor username and password. Then, click Log In.
5. On the Select a Client page, verify that the correct ChannelAdvisor client is selected. Then, click the Select Client button.
6. Select the account you wish to connect to ShipWorks from the Select Accounts drop-down menu on the Grant Access screen. Then, click the Grant Access button.
7. Click on the Copy access code to Clipboard button. Then, paste the code into the Access Code: field on the Store Setup screen in ShipWorks. Click Next.
8. By default, ShipWorks is configured to not download Amazon orders that are flagged as Fulfilled By Amazon (FBA orders). However, if you wish to download Amazon FBA orders from your ChannelAdvisor account, uncheck the Do not download orders that are Fulfilled By Amazon (FBA) checkbox.
This setting will affect any orders managed or routed outside of ChannelAdvisor and/or are marked as Externally Managed in ChannelAdvisor.
9. Enter your store information, then click Next.
10. Enter your contact information and then click Next. This information is optional.
11. It is recommended that you leave the default options to download orders from up to 30 days ago and to update online orders with shipment details when you process orders. However, if you like, you can use the Edit link to change the number of days specified for orders to download. When you're happy with the settings here, click Next.
12. Click Finish. Your ChannelAdvisor orders will automatically begin to download.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.