ShipWorks connects directly to your ChannelAdvisor account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from ChannelAdvisor. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to ChannelAdvisor.
Before you can connect your ChannelAdvisor account to ShipWorks, be sure that you have:
Your ChannelAdvisor login username and password
ShipWorks installed and that you are logged into ShipWorks as an administrator.
We recommend that you run the latest version of the ShipWorks software. This allows you to access the latest tools and features and ensures the steps in this article will work for you. For assistance with checking your version of ShipWorks or with upgrading to the latest version, please see this help article.
1. Log into your ChannelAdvisor account and then open the Accounts dropdown menu at the top right of your screen. Then, select the account you want to add to ShipWorks.
2. In the url of your browser window, copy the numbers after "?apid=" to your clipboard. (Highlight the numbers and then right-click your mouse and select Copy or just highlight the numbers, and then press Ctrl V on your keyboard). These numbers are a unique numerical identifier for your Channel Advisor store.
3. In the Profile ID field, enter the APID that you copied in step 2 above. Then, click the Request Access button.
4. The ChannelAdvisor login page will open. Log into your ChannelAdvisor account and enable the pending authorization request that you will now find there. If you have any trouble authorizing this request, please contact your ChannelAdvisor support rep.
5. After you've authorized the request, you'll see a happy Access Granted message in ShipWorks. When you see this, click Next.
6. Enter your store information, then click Next.
7. Enter your contact information and then click Next.
8. You should probably leave the default options to download orders from up to 30 days ago, and to update online orders with shipment details when you process orders. Most people do. But if you like you can use the Edit link to change the number of days specified for orders to download. When you're happy with the settings here, click Next.
9. Voila. You're done! Click Finish.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.