Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your CS-Cart account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from CS-Cart. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to CS-Cart.
This article will walk you through how to connect your CS-Cart store to the ShipWorks software.
First Things First
Before you begin you will need to have a few things available:
- ShipWorks installed and the ability to log into ShipWorks as an administrator.
- Your CS-Cart store's FTP (File Transfer Protocol) host address, username and password. If you do not have this information, please reach out to your resident IT person, host provider, or CS-Cart.
Review this article. It will introduce you to and guide you through the process.
Reach out to your IT person. He or she should be able to upload the file for you.
ShipWorks supports CS-Cart versions 3 or higher.
Upload the ShipWorks.php Module to CS-Cart
1. Download the attached shipworks3.php module (found at the bottom of this article). Once downloaded, you will need to unzip the file.
Note: Typically you can unzip a compressed (.zip) file by right clicking on it and selecting Extract All....
2. Using the FTP client of your choice, upload the unzipped shipworks3.php file to the root directory of your CS-Cart store. Please see this article if you need assistance with this process.
Adding CS-Cart to ShipWorks
You are now ready to connect your CS-Cart store to ShipWorks. Here's how:
1. Launch the ShipWorks application and log in as an a user with administrator rights.
2. In ShipWorks, click on the Manage tab. Then, click on the Stores button.
3. On the Manage Stores screen, click on the Add Store button.
4. From the What platform do you sell on? menu, select CS-Cart from the drop-down menu. Then, click Next.
5. On the Store Setup screen, enter your CS-Cart username and password. Then, enter the Module URL. The module URL is the path to the shipworks3.php module that you uploaded in the previous steps.
Hint: Your module URL is typically your store's address with /shipworks3.php added to the end. So, if your store's address is www.widgetmethis.com, your Module URL would look like http://www.widgetmethis.com/shipworks3.php.
6. Click Next.
Great! You are connected. Now, you will need to fill out a few more screens.
7. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
8. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
9. Select how much order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download all order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
10. Under When a shipment is processed: we recommend leaving the default for Upload the shipment tracking number.
11. Select the status for a processed order that you would like for ShipWorks to upload back to CS-Cart from the Set the online order status to: menu.
12. Click Next, then Finish. Then, click Close.
Your order will automatically begin to download.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.