ShipWorks connects directly to your CRE Loaded account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from CRE Loaded. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to CRE Loaded.
This article will walk you through how to connect your CRE Loaded store to the ShipWorks software.
Before you begin you will need to have a few things available:
ShipWorks installed and the ability to log into ShipWorks as an administrator.
Your CRE Loaded store's FTP (File Transfer Protocol) host address, username and password. If you do not have this information, please reach out to your resident IT person, host provider, or CRE Loaded.
So that you can be sure that you have access to all of the latest tools and features that ShipWorks has to offer and so that you can ensure the steps in this article will work for you, we recommend making sure that you are running the latest version of the ShipWorks software. For assistance with checking your version of ShipWorks or with upgrading to the latest version, please see this help article.
ShipWorks connects to CRE Loaded using a .php module which is placed into your CRE Loaded store's root directory. The file is attached to the end of this article and will need to be uploaded to your CRE Loaded store using your favorite FTP client. If you are not familiar with the process of transferring files using FTP, that's OK. You have a few options.
Review tis article. It will introduce you to and guide you through the process.
Reach out to your IT person. He or she should be able to upload the file for you.
1. Download the attached shipworks3.php module (found at the bottom of this article). Once downloaded, you will need to unzip the file.
Typically you can unzip a compressed (.zip) file by right clicking on it and selecting Extract All....
2. Using the FTP client of your choice, upload the unzipped shipworks3.php file to the root directory of your CRE Loaded store. Please see this article if you need assistance with this process.
3. Enter your username and password to log into your store. Then, enter the Module URL. Click Next.
Your module URL is typically the address to your website with /shipworks3.php appended to it. So, if your website is https://www.widgetmethis.com, your module URL might look like https://www.widgetmethis.com/shipworks3.php.
Great! You are connected. Now, you will need to fill out a few more screens.
6. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
7. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
8. Select how many days of order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download all order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
9. Under When a shipment is processed: we recommend leaving the default for Upload the shipment tracking number.
10. Click Next, then Finish. Then, click Close.
Your order will automatically begin to download.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.