ShipWorks connects directly to your Magento account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from Magento. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to Magento.
This article will guide you through how to connect your Magento 1 store to ShipWorks using the ShipWorks .php module (attached to the end of this article).
If you intend to connect your Magento 1 store to ShipWorks using the MagentoConnect extension, please see this article instead.
Before you begin, please make sure that:
You have the ShipWorks application downloaded and installed and that you can log into ShipWorks as an administrator.
So that you can be sure that you have access to all of the latest tools and features that ShipWorks has to offer and so that you can ensure the steps in this article will work for you, we recommend making sure that you are running the latest version of the ShipWorks software. For assistance with checking your version of ShipWorks or with upgrading to the latest version, please see this help article.
You have your Magento admin username and password.
You have your Magento FTP (File Transfer Protocol) host address, username and password. If you are unsure of this information, please reach out to your resident IT person, to your host provider or to Magento Support.
ShipWorks connects to Magento using a .php module which is placed into your Magento store's root directory. The file is attached to the end of this article and will need to be uploaded to Magento using your favorite FTP client. If you are not familiar with the process of transferring files using FTP, that's OK. You have a few options.
Review this article. It will introduce you to and guide you through the process.
Reach out to your IT person. He or she should be able to upload the file for you.
1. Download the attached shipworks4.php module found at the bottom of this article. Once downloaded, you will need to unzip the file.
Note: Typically you can unzip a compressed (.zip) file by right clicking on it and selecting Extract All....
2. Using the FTP client of your choice, upload the unzipped shipworks4.php file to the root directory of your Magento store. See this article if you need assistance with this process.
3. Select Magento 1 as the Version.
4. Enter the Account Credentials for your Magento store. Then, click Next.
Username: - Your Magento admin username
Password: - Your Magento admin password
Store URL: - Your Magento website address. Typically your URL will be your Magento store address appended with /shipworks3.php. For example, if your website is https://www.mystore.com, your URL might be https://www.mystore.com/shipworks3.php.
5. On the Store Information screen, enter the store Name and Address. Then, click Next.
6. Enter the additional Contact Information for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
7. By default, ShipWorks downloads the previous 30 days of orders during the first download from your Magento store. You may edit this by clicking on the Edit link.
8. We recommend leaving the setting checked for Mark the order as Complete in Magento and upload the shipment details.
9. If you wish for Magento to send a shipment notification email to your customers, check the box for Magento should email the customer that the order was completed.
10. Click Next. Then, click Finish.
Your Magento orders will automatically begin to download.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.