ShipWorks version 5.23 or later gives you the ability to add a Manual Store type. A manual store does not connect to an online store or marketplace and does not download orders into ShipWorks. It is configured to allow you to manually add orders to the ShipWorks software that are not related to other stores or marketplaces you may have connected to the ShipWorks software.
For example, you may not wish to associate orders placed over the phone with orders that are downloaded from your website. By adding a Manual Store, you can associate the manually entered phone orders to the manual store, keeping them separate from orders that were downloaded from the website.
First Things First
Before you can add a Manual Store type in ShipWorks, there are a couple things that you need to have in place:
- You will need to be on ShipWorks version 5.23 or later. You can easily see what version of ShipWorks you are running by clicking on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. If you need assistance with upgrading your version of ShipWorks, please see this article.
- You need to be logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
click to view full size video
1. Click on the Manage tab and then on the Stores button.
2. Click on the Add Store button.
3. Select Manual from the What platform do you sell on? drop-down menu. Then, click the Next button.
4. Enter a name for your store (by default the store name is My Manual Store), enter the Address, then click Next.
5. Fill out the Contact Information. Then, click Next.
6. Click Finish. Then, Close.