ShipWorks connects directly to your Miva account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from Miva. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to Miva.
Before you begin, there are a few things you will want to be sure that you have available.
Your Miva Merchant username and password.
The correct ShipWorks module for the version of Miva you are running. (Detailed steps can be found below.)
The ability to log in to ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
So that you can be sure that you have access to all of the latest tools and features that ShipWorks has to offer and so that you can ensure the steps in this article will work for you, we recommend making sure that you are running the latest version of the ShipWorks software. For assistance with checking your version of ShipWorks or with upgrading to the latest version, please see this help article.
1. Download the attached .zip file as appropriate for your version of Miva Merchant. Extract the file and save it to a convenient location on your computer. (Scroll to the bottom of this page for the attachment).
For Miva Merchant version 5 or later, download: ShipWorks_Module_Miva9_v5.mvc
For Miva Merchant version 4.14 or later, download: ShipWorks_Module_Miva4_v3.mvc
For Miva Merchant versionj 4.13 or earlier, download: ShipWorks3_Module_MivaUncompiled_v3_0_0_0.zip
2. Log into your Miva Merchant Admin page.
3. In the Quicklinks panel, click on the Modules link. You can also click on the button and select .
4. Click the Add Module button at the top, right of the screen.
6. On the Add Module page, click the Upload button to the right of the Module: field.
7. Click the Choose File button in the Upload File window. Use the Choose file window to select the ShipWorks module. Then, Click the Open button.
8. Check the Overwrite checkbox to ensure any previous version of the module is overwritten, and then click the Upload button.
9. Click the Add button on the Add Module pane to add the ShipWorks module to your store.
Activate the ShipWorks module
1. Navigate to the Modules section of your store. In the Quicklinks panel, click on the Modules link. You can also click on the button and select .
2. Use the Search Modules box to locate the ShipWorks module.
3. Click on the Edit Module button to the left of the module name.
4. On the Edit Module screen, ensure that the Active checkbox is checked. Then, click the Update button.
5. Click on the button and then select .
6. Click on Add / Remove Modules.
7. Locate the ShipWorks3 Module. Then, click on the Install button to install the ShipWorks module.
The module is now installed and activated for your store.
3. Select that Yes, the module is installed. Then, click Next.
4. Select Help me find the module URL. Then, enter your store's address into the Your Website: field. If your site uses a secure connection (https://) verify that the Use secure connection box is checked. Lastly, verify that the correct version number is entered into the Miva Version field.
5. Click Next. ShipWorks will attempt to automatically connect to the Miva Module that you installed in the previous steps. If it is unable to connect, you can try the following. Otherwise, move on to step 8.
a. Select the I know the URL of my ShipWorks Miva Module option. Then, enter the URL to your Miva Module into the Module URL field. If your site uses a secure connection (https://) verify that the Use secure connection box is checked. Then, click Next.
By default, ShipWorks requires a https:// connection for your security. Here are the most common URLs to the ShipWorks module:
Single Certificate: https://www.yourdomain.com/Merchant2/version/modules/util/shipworks3.mv
Shared Certificate: https://www.secureserver.com/yourstore/Merchant2/version/modules/util/shipworks3.mv OR https://yourstore.secureserver.com/Merchant2/version/modules/util/shipworks3.mv
Other: One way to find your secure URL, is to navigate to your Miva Merchant admin URL - such as http://www.yourdomain.com/Merchant2/admin.mv
. Then click the Log in securely link. This will take you to the secure URL of your Miva Merchant admin. Use this URL, up to and including the "Merchant2", as the base URL to the ShipWorks Miva Module.
In the above examples, version is a placeholder for the version of Miva Merchant you are using. Also note that the ShipWorks module filename is shipworks3.mv for Miva Merchant 4.13 and lower and shipworks3.mvc for Miva Merchant 4.14 and higher.In some cases it may not be possible to use a secure URL. If this happens, uncheck the Use secure https:// connection box. This allows ShipWorks to connect with the unsecured URL to the ShipWorks Miva Module. When connecting unsecurely, ShipWorks does not download payment detail information.
6. Enter you Miva store's administrator username and password. If an encrypted password is required, enter it into the Encrypted Passphrase field. Then, click Next.
Great! You are connected. Now, you will need to fill out a few more screens.
7. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
8. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
9. Select how many days of order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download all order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
10. Under When a shipment is processed: we recommend leaving the default for Upload the shipment tracking number.
11. Click Next, then Finish. Then, click Close.
Your order will automatically begin to download.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.