Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your nopCommerce store via SiUtil.com's Plugin for nopCommerce using its Generic Module integration option. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from nopCommerce. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to nopCommerce.
First Things First
These instructions assume that you've downloaded and installed ShipWorks and have a nopCommerce account, that you're comfortable using an FTP client (like FileZilla) and know your log-on credentials for nopCommerce (username/password) and your FTP credentials (to access your server).If you're not comfortable using FTP, contact your resident IT guru to complete the steps below.
Installing the ShipWorks Plug-In to Your nopCommerce Store
1. Once you've downloaded the plug-in, you'll need to extract the files from the .zip file format.
2. Once the files are extracted, use an FTP client to transfer your Siutil.ShipWorks folder to your web server's root Plug-Ins folder.
Please Note: The .zip file will contain folders with each nopCommerce version (like Nop_310, Nop_320, Nop_330). Make sure you use the correct plug-in version for the version of nopCommerce you're using. Copy just the SiUtil.ShipWorks folder to the plug-ins folder on your server.
3. Log on to your website's admin panel using your administrator credentials and click the Restart Application link (in the upper right-hand corner) of the admin page. This will cause nopCommerce to locate the new plug-in.
4. Select Configuration Plug-ins, locate the ShipWorks Plug-in, and click the Install link.
5. If you are upgrading, make sure to go to the plug-in configuration and click Save. This will update any new (or changed) settings.
Configuring Your ShipWorks Plug-In
1. Once the installation is complete, click the Configure link.
2. Replace the default information with your company's information, set the payload options, and make a note of the ShipWorks URL string (you will need this in the section below).
3. Cut and paste the license key for the plug-in into the License Key textbox. The license key for your plug-in is located in the invoce you received in the email when you purchased it. If you have lost or deleted that email, you can log on to bluesmanmedia.com and click on My Account. Find the order (for the plug-in) in the order list. The license key will be a line item on that invoice.
4. Configure the following options:
SSL: Require SSL for ShipWorks URL. To test on localhost uncheck this option. Even if your using a payment provider that is secure on its own. It’s still recommended to have a SSL certificate installed on your NopCommerce site to encrypt information while using the administration of the site. Same as when you log into admin manually, the username and passwords are sent in plain text. This option will change the expected ShipWorks URL so if you change this you’ll need to go into ShipWorks to change the URL. See step 3 under common installation for instructions. After you save the configuration in NopCommerce the URL will be updated but the display of the URL in the configuration screen will not be changed visibly until you leave and go back into the configuration for the ShipWorks Plug-in.
ShipWorks URL: This item is not configurable. It is generated based on your current URL and if SSL is checked or not checked.
License from email invoice: This is the license key that was emailed to you when you made your purchase. If lost please email send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can provide you with your license key.
Email Address: Your Company’s main contact for ShipWorks, items D – K should match the registration information provided to ShipWorks.
Company Name: Your Company Name
Address: Your Address
City: Your City
State: Your State
Postal Code: Your Postal Code
Country: Your Country
Web Site: Your website URL that is using the Plugin
Mask Credit Card Number: If you do not want to transmit credit card numbers to ShipWorks, check this box and the payload will contain a masked CC number.
Include Customer Order Notes in Payload: When checked, Nop Order notes with the "DisplayToCustomer" field set to true will be downloaded to ShipWorks as Public notes
Include NOP Order Notes in Payload: When checked, Nop Order notes with the "DisplayToCustomer" field set to false will be downloaded to ShipWorks as Internal notes
Render Debug Info in Payload: When checked the, plugin will echo back input parameters in the XML payload. This info can be used by Interapptive, Inc for debugging if necessary. This data is transparent to the ShipWorks users. The username and password are masked out for security reasons. Leave this option unchecked unless asked to do so by support.
Set Payment Status to 'Paid' when ShipWorks updates Order Status to 'Completed: When checked, will update the Order's Payment Status to 'Paid' whenever ShipWorks updates the online Order Status to 'Complete'.
Set Payment Status to 'Voided' when ShipWorks updates Order Status to 'Canceled': When checked, will update the Order's Payment Status to 'Voided' whenever ShipWorks updates the online Order Status to 'Canceled'.
1) By Order Number: Starts downloading ALL orders, regardless of status, starting from the last order number downloaded in ShipWorks.
2) By Modified Date (recommended): Downloads orders with Payment Status set to “Paid" and orders greater than the last downloaded order. The PaidDateUTC field is used to select orders. For example: if a user purchases by check either manually or through a payment provider the order will not download to ShipWorks until the payment status is set to paid either manually or via the payment provider when the check clears. Note: ShipWorks doesn’t support milliseconds with time values so all Modification Dates sent to ShipWorks have the milliseconds rounded up to the nearest seconds. The only time this could cause a problem is if you Get Orders from ShipWorks twice in the same second.
If you need to uninstall the ShipWorks plug-in from NopCommerce for any reason, all plug-in settings will be deleted.
Adding nopCommerce to ShipWorks
1. Launch the ShipWorks application and log in as a user with administrator permissions.
2. Click on the Manage tab. Then, click the Stores button.
3. Next, click on the Add Store button.
4. From the What Platform do you sell on? drop-down menu, select nopCommerce. Then, click Next.
5. Enter the Username and Password that you use to log into your nopCommerce store. (This user must be a member of the Administrator's Role in nopCommerce.) Enter the Module URL from your plug-in confirmation screen (this will typically be https://www.yourstore.com/ShipWorks/), then click Next.
Please Note: This plug-in will only work with a secure https connection. It is important that your URL begin with https:// (and NOT http://)
6. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
7. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
8. Select how much order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download 30 Days of order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
9. Verify that the settings for When the shipment is processed: are correct. Typically, you would leave the checkbox for Update my online orders with the shipment details checked.
14. Click Next and then Finish. Then, click Close.
Your nopCommerce orders will begin to download into ShipWorks automatically.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.