Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your PayPal account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from PayPal. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to PayPal.
This article will guide you through the steps to add your PayPal account to ShipWorks.
First Things First
You'll need a PayPal API Certificate/Signature if you are connecting PayPal directly or if you're an eBay seller using PayPal on eBay sales. You must also have a PayPal Premier or Business account and your account must be verified. This article also assumes that you have ShipWorks installed and that you are logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
Obtaining your PayPal API Information
1. Please follow the steps in this article to create a new API Signature or to view an existing API Signature with your PayPal Business account.
For more detailed information, please see PayPal's article: Creating and Managing API Credentials.
Adding PayPal to ShipWorks
1. Launch the ShipWorks application and log in as a user with administrator permissions.
2. Click on the Manage tab. Then, click the Stores button.
3. Next, click on the Add Store button.
4. From the What Platform do you sell on? drop-down menu, select PayPal. Then, click Next.
5. Enter your Credential Type, API Username, API Password, and API Signature. For help finding your API info, please see Creating and Managing API Credentials.
Great! You are connected. Now, you will need to fill out a few more screens.
6. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
7. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
8. Select how much order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download 30 Days of order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
9. Verify that the settings for When the shipment is processed: are correct. Typically, you would leave the checkbox for Update my online orders with the shipment details checked.
10. Click Next and then Finish. Then, click Close.
Your PayPal orders will begin to download into ShipWorks automatically.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.