Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your Rakuten account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from Rakuten. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to Rakuten.
This article will guide you through the steps to connect your Rakuten store to the ShipWorks software.
First Things First
In order for ShipWorks to connect to Rakuten / Buy.com you need to request your FTP credentials. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to request your FTP credentials. Be sure to include your Seller ID and Rakuten / Buy.com login email address in your request.
You will also need to have ShipWorks installed and to be logged into ShipWorks as an administrator.
1. Launch the ShipWorks application and log in as a user with administrator permissions.
2. Click on the Manage tab. Then, click the Stores button.
3. Next, click on the Add Store button.
4. Select Buy.com from the What platform do you sell on? drop-down menu.
5. Enter the FTP username and password given to you by Rakuten/Buy.com. Contact email@example.com to receive your FTP login.
6. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
7. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
8. Click Next.
9. Click Finish.
Your Rakuten store orders will begin to download automatically.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.