Table of Contents
ShipWorks connects directly to your ShopSite account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from ShopSite.
This article will guide you through the steps to add your ShopSite store to the ShipWorks software.
First Things First
If you are on ShipWorks version 5.14 or later, we recommend that you connect to ShopSite using the OAuth API. Please use this article to add your ShopSite store to ShipWorks.
Before you begin, please make sure that you have the following:
1. Your ShopSite administrator username and password.
2. ShipWorks installed and the ability to log into ShipWorks with administrator rights.
1. Launch the ShipWorks application and log in as a user with administrator permissions.
2. Click on the Manage tab. Then, click the Stores button.
3. Next, click on the Add Store button.
4. From the What Platform do you sell on? drop-down menu, select ShopSite. Then, click Next.
5. Enter your Merchant ID, Password, and the CGI URL. (The Merchant ID is your username to log into ShopSite). Then, click Next.
Note: For the CGI url, replace "start" with "db_xml" in your store's start.cgi URL. For example, if your start page is http://mystore.shopsite.com/cgi-bin/ss/start.cgi, replace start with db_xml so that the URL is http://mystore.shopsite.com/cgi-bin/ss/db_xml.cgi
Great! You are connected. Now, you will need to fill out a few more screens.
6. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
9. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
10. Select how much order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download 30 Days of order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
11. Verify that the settings for When the shipment is processed: are correct. Typically, you would leave the checkbox for Update my online orders with the shipment details checked.
12. Click Next and then Finish. Then, click Close.
Your ShopSite orders will begin to download into ShipWorks automatically.