ShipWorks connects directly to your Shopify store via the Shopify API. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from Shopify. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to Shopify.
This article will guide you through the steps of adding your Shopify store in version 6.1 or later of ShipWorks.
First Things First
Please be sure that you are running version 6.1 or later of ShipWorks. For assistance with upgrading your version of ShipWorks, please see this article.
Before continuing, please be sure that you have the following:
1. Your Shopify store's Shopify address.
2. Your Shopify administrator username and password.
3. Have ShipWorks installed and logged in as a user with administrator rights.
1. Launch the ShipWorks application and log in as a user with administrator permissions.
2. Click on the Manage tab. Then, click the Stores button.
3. Next, click on the Add Store button.
4. From the What Platform do you sell on? drop-down menu, select Shopify. Then, click Next.
5. On the Store Setup screen, click on the Create Login Token button.
6. On the Shopify Login Token screen, enter your Shopify store address.
7. Then, click the Get Access Code button. A new web browser window will open:
Already logged into your Shopify Store?
If you are already logged into your Shopify admin panel, the new browser window will display your Shopify access token. Move on to step 8.
Not logged into Shopify?
You will be prompted to log into your Shopify admin. Enter your login email and password when prompted. Once logged in your Access Code will be displayed.
8. Click on the Copy access code to clipboard button.
9. Switch back to the ShipWorks software. Then, paste the access code into the Fill in the access code box and click Save Token.
Once authorization to connect ShipWorks to Shopify is approved you will be notified to the right of the Create Login Token button.
10. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
11. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
12. Select how much order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download 30 Days of order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
13. Verify that the settings for When the shipment is processed: are correct. Typically, you would leave the checkbox for Update my online orders with the shipment details checked.
14. Click Next and then Finish. Then, click Close.
Your Shopify orders will begin to download into ShipWorks automatically.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.