ShipWorks is integrated with DHL Express, making it easier for shippers to print DHL Express labels, batch process shipments and more. Printing DHL Express labels with ShipWorks is simple. With a single click, ShipWorks sends all order data to DHL Express, and automatically imports the tracking number, service used, and cost of each shipment.
Note: This article will guide you through adding an existing DHL Express Account to ShipWorks. If do not have an existing DHL Express account and would like set one up, please see the article on ShipWorks One Balance: DHL Express from ShipWorks.
First Things First
In order to add DHL Express to ShipWorks, you will need to be on ShipWorks version 5.22 or later. You can check your version of ShipWorks by clicking on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. For assistance with upgrading to the latest version of ShipWorks, please see this article.
You will need to be logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
1. Click on the Manage tab and then on the Shipping Settings button.
2. Select DHL Express from the list of providers listed on the left side of the Shipping Settings screen. Then, click on the Setup... button.
3. Enter your DHL Express Account Number. Then, click Next. (If you need to open a DHL Express account, click on the Click here link to be taken to the DHL Open Account page.)
4. Enter your DHL Express contact information into the Name, Address, and Contact Information fields. You can also import this information form your store's address information by clicking on the Copy Address from store link at the top of the page. Click Next.
5. The Shipment Defaults screen allows you to set your base defaults for DHL Express. (These are the most commonly used shipping settings that you use when shipping with DHL Express.) You can also set up more complex shipping rules on this screen, but this is outside the scope of this article. For more information on shipping rules, check out this article.
To set your base defaults:
a. Click on the blue link Defaults - DHL Express.
b. On the Shipping Profile screen, set any options that you use most commonly when shipping with DHL Express. Once you have set your base defaults, click OK. Then, click Next.
6. The Printing Setup screen allows you to setup how ShipWorks prints and to what printer(s) labels are sent to. We recommend leaving the rules alone (leave the default settings) and just click Next. However, if you need more information on how to set up printing, please see this list of articles.
7. The Processing Setup screen allows for you to add and configure an email address in ShipWorks, set automatic email notifications for DHL Express, and to tell ShipWorks to what status the order should be set when processing or voiding a label. For the Local Status settings, we recommend leaving the defaults. For more information on how to configuring an email address and setting up shipment notification emails, you may be interested in the following articles.
8. Click Next and then Finish.
You are now setup with DHL Express.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.