ShipWorks supports Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime shipping as a premium integration with the Amazon Buy API. ShipWorks assess a 20 cent per shipment fee, in addition to your ShipWorks monthly subscription fees, for all Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime shipments processed within ShipWorks.
There are a few things that need to be completed prior to adding Amazon as a shipping option and this article will guide you through these steps in addition to adding Amazon as a shipping option in ShipWorks.
We will also show you how to easily create a filter that will automatically sort out the Amazon Prime orders and how to make ShipWorks automatically apply default shipping settings to those orders.
Prior to adding Amazon as a shipping provider in the ShipWorks software, please be sure that:
So that you can be sure that you have access to all of the latest tools and features that ShipWorks has to offer and so that you can ensure the steps in this article will work for you, we recommend making sure that you are running the latest version of the ShipWorks software. For assistance with checking your version of ShipWorks or with upgrading to the latest version, please see this help article.
You are logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights
You have accepted Amazon's Shipping Services terms and conditions.
Click the link above to be taken to your Amazon Seller Central account. Log into you Amazon Seller account, if required. Then, select the options that are relevant to you. Then, click Submit . (The below image is for reference only.)
In addition, you will need to Submit a support ticket or give us a call to request that we enable the Amazon shipper option on your ShipWorks account. The Amazon shipping provider option will not be available in ShipWorks until this step is completed.
(Feel free to give one of our awesome Customer Care reps a call at 800-952-7784.)
3. Select Amazon from the list of available shipping providers. Then, click the Setup button. If Amazon is not in this list, select General, then check Amazon in the Active Providers list.
If Amazon is not available on the General link, please review step 1.
4. Click Next on the Amazon Setup Wizard.
5. Enter the Contact Information as prompted on the screen. Then, click Next.
Setting the Shipping Defaults
6. You may wish to select the default options for your Amazon shipments so that you do not have to select them for each shipment. You can do this by clicking on the Defaults - Amazon Seller Fulfilled Prime link.
OPTIONAL: CREATE AN AMAZON SELLER-FULFILLED PRIME SHIPPING RULE
This is an optional step. However , we recommend it so that the Amazon Seller-Fulfilled Prime shipping options are selected automatically for each Seller-Fulfilled shipment you process in ShipWorks.
You can skip setting up the shipping rule by continuing with step 8.10 below.
8. On the Shipment Defaults screen, click the Add Rule button.
8.1 Click the drop-down menu after If the order is in and then click Quick Filter Create.
8.2 Type a name for the filter, like Amazon Prime.
8.3 Click the Add Condition icon.
8.4 Click Order Total and select Order Amazon Prime.
8.5 Use the drop-down menus and make sure the condition reads: "Amazon Prime Equals Yes". Then, click OK.
8.6 To the right of the line If the order is in Amazon Prime apply profile, click the blue link (none). Then, select Manage Profiles... from the drop-down menu.
8.7 On the Manage Profiles screen, click the Add button.
8.8 Name the profile Amazon Prime. Then, enter your preferred profile defaults:
Then, click OK. Then, Close.
8.9 Select your newly created Amazon Prime profile by clicking on the blue none link, then Select, then your Amazon Prime profile.
8.10 Click Next to proceed to the Printing Setup screen.
9. It is recommended that you leave the Printing Setup screen with the default settings. You can modify if needed. Click Next and if prompted select the printer(s) to which you will print your labels.
10. The Processing Setup screen allows for you to add and configure an email address in ShipWorks, set automatic email notifications for Amazon Prime, and to tell ShipWorks to what status the order should be set when processing or voiding a label. For the Local Status settings, we recommend leaving the defaults. For more information on how to configuring an email address and setting up shipment notification emails, you may be interested in the following article.
If you have already added an Amazon store to the ShipWorks software, you may be prompted that Amazon specific filters have already been created in ShipWorks for you. Just click OK.
11. Click Finish.
Congratulations!! You are all set and ready to start shipping your Amazon Seller-Fulfilled Prime orders.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.