ShipWorks makes it easy to ship your orders. You can quickly ship your orders by using the Shipping Panel. You can also ship your orders by using the Ship Orders screen which gives you access to more options when shipping your orders with your connected shipping provider(s) than the Shipping Panel offers, including batch processing.
This article will guide you through how to load an order onto the Ship Orders screen, how to configure your shipment and how to generate a shipping label.
This article assumes the following:
You have at least one store and one shipping provider connected to the ShipWorks software.
You have at least one order downloaded into ShipWorks from your online store.
That you are shipping using the Home tab in ShipWorks. For information on shipping using Scan-to-Ship, please see this article.
1. In ShipWorks, select an order by either clicking on the order or by checking the checkbox to the left of the order.(shown highlighted in blue below).
2. You can load the order onto the Ship Orders screen a few different ways:
a. You can right click on the order and select the Ship Orders option from the shortcut menu.
b. You can click on the Home tab and then click on the Ship Orders button.
c. From the Shipping Panel, click the blue link Click Here to use the Ship Orders dialog.
Home Ship Orders
The Shipping Panel
3. On the Ship Orders screen, select your shipping provider from the Provider: drop-down menu.
4. You can expand or collapse any section within the Ship Orders screen by clicking on the double arrows located to the right of each section. In this example, we have expanded the Shipment Details section.
5. Next, modify any settings, such as weight, dimensions, etc., that need to be updated for your shipment. Remember, you can modify the To address, From address, Return shipment options, and many other settings by expanding the appropriate sections on the Ship Orders screen.
6. Notice that as you modify the settings on the Ship Orders screen, the Rates panel automatically refreshes to show the correct rate for your current settings.
7. Once all of your settings are correct, click on the Create Label button to generate the shipping label. The label will print to the printer you have configured.
8. Once finished, click Close to return to the main orders grid.
When you need to create a new shipment for an order you can click the New Shipment button. This creates a new shipment for the order using any shipping rules and/or shipping defaults you have configured in ShipWorks.
The New Shipment button created shipment 2 of 2 using the defaults configured in ShipWorks. In this case, it created a shipment using the default shipping provider, UPS.
You can easily generate a return shipment by:
1. Select the shipment for which you wish to generate a return label.
2. Click the Ship Again button and then select Ship Again as Return from the drop-down menu.
An exact duplicate shipment is created and the Make this a return shipment option is automatically selected for you.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.