Table of Contents
ShipWorks version 5.19 or later allows you to set a shipping cutoff time for each shipping provider. Shipments processed after the shipment cutoff time will automatically use the next, valid business day for the Ship Date so that the date does not need to be selected for each shipment.
First Things First
In order to use the Shipment Cutoff Time feature in ShipWorks, you will need to be on ShipWorks version 5.19 or later. You can check your version of ShipWorks by clicking on the Help tab and then on the About ShipWorks button. For assistance with upgrading to the latest version of ShipWorks, please see this article.
You will also need to be logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
click video to view full size
A shipping cutoff time can be configured separately for each shipping provider that you have setup in ShipWorks. For this article we will use USPS, but the steps are the same for each provider.
1. In ShipWorks, click on the Manage tab and then on the Shipping Settings button.
2. Select USPS (or your shipping provider) from the list of shipping providers on the left side of the Shipping Settings screen.
3. Verify that the Settings tab is selected. Then, check the box to the left of the Use the next business day as the Ship Date for shipments processed after: option.
4. Enter the time at which you would like ShipWorks to begin automatically setting the Ship Date to the next valid business day.
5. Click the Close button.
How it Works
With this option enabled, any shipments created and processed after the cutoff time you entered in step 4 will automatically default the Ship Date to be the shipping provider's next, valid business day.
For example: Let's assume today is October 17th and that you have the cutoff time set to 2:30 PM for USPS.
When a shipment is created after the 2:30 PM cutoff time, the Ship Date will automatically default to October 18th, the next valid business day.
There is also a screen-tip to the right of the Ship Date field, notifying you of the cutoff time.
Things to Know
1. In the event that you need to process a shipment with today's Ship Date after the cutoff time has passed, you will need to disabled the cutoff time feature, process the label, and then enable the cutoff time again. To disable the cutoff time, go to Manage Shipping Settings [select the shipping provider] Settings tab.
2. Scan Forms: If you print Scan Forms for USPS shipments, you will need to process Scan Forms for both orders with today's Ship Date as well as orders with a future Ship Date on the day the shipments were processed.
For example: Assume that today we processed 20 orders prior to the cutoff time and 20 orders after the 2:30 PM cutoff time. We will need to generate two scan forms today; One for those orders containing today's Ship Date and another for those orders containing the next valid business day (those 20 orders processed after the cutoff time).
For more information, please see:
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.