Saving a report allows you to export information out of ShipWorks and open it in another program (like Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Word). This is valuable if you want to export information from ShipWorks and make further modifications to the report in a spreadsheet or document.
First Things First
This article assumes that you have already downloaded some orders. This article uses the Items by Amount template in the examples, but you can choose whatever template is appropriate to your needs. You can view different template options by navigating to Manage Templates Reports.
1. In ShipWorks, select the orders you want included in your report. (To select multiple orders, hold CTRL while choosing your orders. To select all orders, hold CTRL + A.)
2. Select the Output tab.
3. Click Save and select the template you want to use in your report. To use tax reports, select Reports Financials Order Charges Breakdown.
4. Select a location to save the file on your computer and modify the name of your file (as necessary). Click Save.
Please note: Keeping your file in an HTML format will allow it to be read (and editable) in Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Word.
5. Use Microsoft Word or Excel to open your file by navigating to File Open. Locate your saved ShipWorks file (from step 4).
6. Use the drop-down menu to switch the file format to view All Files.
Please note: By default, Microsoft Word and Excel look for their file types (like filename.doc or filename.xls). You will not see your .HTML file if they are looking for .DOC or .XLS files. Make sure you are using the parameter "All Files" (as in Example 1.4).
7. Double-click your file to open. Your report should now appear in Microsoft Word or Microsoft Excel.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.