ShipWorks gives you the ability to manually enter an order directly into the ShipWorks software. This article will guide you through the process.
First Things First
You must be logged into ShipWorks as a user with Create, edit and delete rights.
1. Click on the Home tab and then on the New button.
2. If you have more than one store or marketplace connected to ShipWorks, from the Store drop-down, select the store in ShipWorks to which you wish to associate the order. Otherwise, skip to the next step.
3. You can associate the order to a customer already in ShipWorks or select to manually enter the customer information. Select the correct option for your needs.
- Assign to: Allows you to select an existing customer from the ShipWorks database.
- Automatically lookup or create customer: Allows you to manually enter the customer into ShipWorks.
4. By default, ShipWorks will automatically generate an order number for you and append -M to the end of the order number. If you wish to generate your own order number, select the option for Use the following order number: and enter the Prefix, Number, and/or Postfix for your order. (For example: Entering a prefix of 1, a number of 8978, and a Postfix of -A will generate an order number of 1-8978-A.)
5. Enter the Ship To and/or Bill To address for the order. If the Ship and Bill addresses are the same, you can easily copy the address. Then, click Next.
6. The Order Details screen allows you to enter items, charges, and notes to the order as well as to set the order's local status. Once you have entered all of the order details, click Finish.
After clicking Finish, ShipWorks will automatically display the order for you on the main order grid.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.