ShipWorks Insurance is 100% hassle-free. There is no application process to start using it. Any time you want to insure a shipment, just select ShipWorks insurance on the Ship Orders screen of the order. Submitting insurance claims can be accomplished from within the ShipWorks software. If you insure packages on a regular basis, you can have ShipWorks automatically apply ShipWorks insurance for you. You can even specify to which shipments insurance should be applied.
This article will guide you through how to configure ShipWorks so that insurance is applied automatically based upon conditions you specify.
First Things First
In this article we will be creating a shipping rule specific to USPS that will apply ShipWorks Insurance to all packages or to any package valued greater than $50.00. However, the concepts outlined in this article can be applied to any shipping provider with which you ship.
Please be sure that you are logged in to ShipWorks as a user that has permissions to modify shipping providers and shipping profiles, such as a ShipWorks administrator account.
1. Click on the Manage tab and then on the Shipping Settings button. Then, select USPS from the list of shipping providers.
2. Select the Shipments tab.
Applying Insurance to All Packages or skip to Applying Insurance to Specific Packages
1. To insure every shipments with USPS, click on the blue link Defaults-USPS (Stamps.com). Scroll down to the insurance section and check the box for ShipWorks Insurance.
2. Select whether you would like the Insurance value to be the Item Subtotal, the Order Total, or if you wish to enter a specific amount to insure. Then, click OK.
Applying Insurance to Specific Packages
1. Click on the Add Rule button located under the Additional Defaults section. A new line will appear.
2. Click on the drop-down menu for If an order is in and click on Create.
3. In the Filter Editor, give the filter a name (the example is named Insurance). Then, click on the Add Condition button. A new line that reads Order Total Equals $0.00 will be displayed.
4. Since we only want insurance to be applied for orders valued at more than $50.00, click on the green Equals and change it to Is Greater Than. Then, enter $50.00.
Click OK. Your rule should now look like this:
The Shipping Profile
1. Next, click on the blue link (none) and select Manage Profiles.
2. Click the Add button.
3. Enter a Name for the profile (the example is Insurance), and change the Provider to USPS. Lastly, check the box to the left of Insurance, then the box to the left of ShipWorks Insurance.
4. Select whether you would like the Insurance value to be the Item Subtotal, the Order Total, or if you wish to enter a specific amount to insure. Then, click OK and Close.
5. Click on the blue link (none), then Select, then select the profile you just created.
Your rule should now look like the below screenshot so that is an order is in the filter Insurance (sorting orders worth more than $50.00) then the Insurance profile will be automatically applied to the shipment (automatically applying ShipWorks Insurance).