When shipping internationally with UPS there are required customs forms, also referred to as Commercial Invoices, that may need to be printed and included with your shipments or that may be sent electronically.
The great news is that when processing UPS international shipments with ShipWorks, all the forms you need will be either automatically submitted electronically (for supported countries) or automatically printed for you. However, you may still have questions related to how many forms should print and what forms to include with your shipment.
This article will give you more information to help make shipping internationally a bit easier.
How do I enable Paperless Invoicing in ShipWorks?
With Paperless Invoicing enabled, and when shipping to a supported country, your Customs Forms will be automatically sent to UPS electronically when processing your labels.
To enable Paperless Invoicing as a default, so that it is automatically turned on when processing UPS international shipments:
1. Click on the Manage tab and then on the Shipping Settings button.
2. Select UPS from the list of available carriers and then click on the blue link for Defaults - UPS.
3. Scroll down on the Settings tab to the Options section and check the box for Paperless Invoice.
What if I need to print a commercial invoice?
Keep in mind that when submitting forms electronically, it may not be necessary to include a copy of the commercial invoice with the shipment. In general, when submitting forms electronically, UPS confirms the successful transmission and receipt of the electronic forms by including EDI on the printed shipping label.
You can manually print a commercial invoice for a processed international shipment by:
1. Select the order for which you wish to print a commercial invoice.
2. Click on the Output tab. Then, click the Print button and select the Labels > Commercial Invoice template from the list of available templates.
3. Select the printer to which you wish the commercial invoice to print and then click the Print button.
The printed commercial invoice will look like this:
Where can I get additional information on shipping internationally with UPS?
What about NAFTA Certificates of Origin?
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.