Warehouse customers adding a single ODBC store to the ShipWorks software can follow the detailed steps in the 'Adding an ODBC Store' article.
However, warehouse customers adding a second (or more) ODBC store to ShipWorks will have an additional screen asking them how they would like to setup the additional ODBC store(s). This article will assist you with selecting the correct setting for your specific setup.
First Things First
This article assumes that:
- You are a ShipWorks Warehouse customer. If you are not on a ShipWorks warehouse plan, please see the article on adding an ODBC store to ShipWorks.
- You already have at least one ODBC store added to ShipWorks.
- You are logged into ShipWorks with administrator rights.
1. Click on the Manage tab and then on the Stores button. Then, click the Add Store button and select ODBC as the store type. Click Next.
2. As a warehouse customer adding an additional ODBC store (a second or more store) to ShipWorks, you will be prompted with a screen asking you how you would like to setup this ODBC store.
3. Select from the available options. You have two options to select from:
Create a new ODBC store: If this is the first time this ODBC store is being added to ShipWorks and has not been added to ShipWorks at any of your ShipWorks warehouse locations, select this option and click Next. Then, follow the steps outlined in the Selecting Your Data Source section of the Adding an ODBC Store article.
Connect to an existing ODBC Store: If the ODBC store has already been added to ShipWorks at another warehouse location, you can select this option. When selected, you will see a list of the ODBC stores already connected to ShipWorks at all warehouse locations.
Select the store name for the ODBC store you are connecting to. Then, click Next.
By selecting the ODBC store from the list of available stores, many of the database connection settings may be automatically downloaded from The Hub and configured for you, saving you time in the setup process.
NOTE: ShipWorks is intelligent enough to know how the selected ODBC store is configured in ShipWorks, even at another warehouse location. After selecting the correct store and clicking Next, ShipWorks will automatically take you to the next, correct ODBC setup screen.
Click on the ODBC Store Setup screen name below that matches the screen you are taken to during your configuration and you will be taken to the next step of the setup process.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.