ShipWorks connects directly to your Rakuten account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from Rakuten. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to Rakuten.
This article will guide you through the steps to connect your Rakuten store to the ShipWorks software.
First Things First
ShipWorks version 7.6 or later connects to ShipWorks using the Rakuten API. We recommend ensuring that you are running the latest version of ShipWorks so that you have access to all of the latest updates and features that ShipWorks has to offer.
In order to connect ShipWorks to Rakuten there are a couple of things to consider:
Your Rakuten Auth Key
Be sure that you have your Rakuten Auth Key. If you are unsure of what your Auth Key is, please reach out to Rakuten by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your Auth Key.
Your Shop URL
You will also need to know your Shop URL. This is not the URL you would enter to hit your shop on the web. You can find your shop URL in your Rakuten admin settings. Here's how:
1. Log in to your Rakuten admin console.
2. Click on Settings > Seller Information.
3. Scroll down and locate your Shop URL. Be sure to stay on this page or to write down your Shop URL. You will need it later in this article.
1. Click on the Manage tab and then on the Stores button.
2. Select Rakuten from the What platform do you sell on? drop-down menu. Then, click Next.
3. Enter your Auth Key.
4. The Marketplace ID: will be populated automatically as US. In most cases this is the correct marketplace ID. However, if you feel your ID is something other than US, please reach out to Rakuten for assistance.
5. Enter your SHOP URL:.
6. Click the Next button.
*******************Check the rest of article prior to release *******************************
7. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
8. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
9. Click Next.
10. Click Finish.
Your Rakuten store orders will begin to download automatically.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.