When it comes to printing shipping labels, ShipWorks gives you several ways of going about processing your shipments. This article is designed to explain the different methods that are available and what the advantages of each method is and when you might use one method over another.
First Things First
This article covers the options available in the latest version of ShipWorks. If you'd like to ensure that you are running the latest version, check out this article.
Using the Shipping Panel
1 - The Shipping Panel on the Home Tab
When you need to quickly generate a shipping label for a single order, the Shipping Panel is available. While on the Home tab in ShipWorks, you can view multiple orders along with many order details. When you select an order the Shipping Panel becomes active so that you can quickly configure a shipment and create a label for the selected order.
- You can quickly select an order, configure a shipment and process a shipping label directly from the Home tab.
- Combined with the Rates panel, you can easily view rates for the configured shipment.
- You can configure and process a label for one order at a time.
- Not every shipment option for each carrier can be configured from the Shipping Panel.
Using the Ship Orders Screen
2 - The Ship Order Screen with multiple orders loaded
When you need to batch process labels for multiple orders, the Ship Orders screen is available. In addition to allowing you to batch process shipping labels, the Ship Orders screen gives you access to all of the shipment details available for each carrier. Just like the Shipping Panel, the Ship Orders screen can be accessed when on the Home tab in ShipWorks or when not using Scan-to-Ship.
- You have the ability to process labels for more than one order, or to process multiple shipments for the same order (batch process).
- You have access to all of the available shipping settings for all shipping carriers.
- Easier access to customs information and settings when shipping internationally.
- You have quick access to tracking information.
- You have quick access to insurance information and claims.
- Because there are more options available, it can be slower to configure and process shipments than shipping with the Shipping Panel or with Scan-to-Ship.
3 - The Ship screen with Scan-to-Ship
When you want to focus solely on shipping, Scan-to-Ship view is available. Think of Scan-to-Ship view as a streamlined interface that gives you only the tools you need to do what matters most; getting your orders out the door to your customers quickly and efficiently. Scan-to-Ship view streamlines the ShipWorks interface and expedites the shipping process.
In addition, the Ship tab in Scan-to-Ship mode is optimized for using a barcode scanner to search for and process shipping labels, making it the quickest way to search for and to generate shipping labels for orders. Scan-to-Ship is also where Scan-based Quality Control can be performed (requires a ShipWorks Warehouse plan).
- Streamlined interface that allows you to focus on shipping.
- Customizable interface. Show only the panels and fields you need for your workflow.
- Optimized for use with a barcode scanner, making it the fastest way to process labels.
- Works seamlessly with Scan-based Quality Control
- Designed to process a single shipment at a time.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.