There may be times when it's necessary to recalibrate your Zebra printer in order to solve issues such as margin setting and offset not working, as well as improper label or image alignment. The printer needs to be calibrated for the label stock currently loaded.
In some cases, calibration needs to be done every time new stock is loaded, even if it is the same size and type of stock.
To calibrate, find your model of Zebra printer and follow these steps:
Zebra ZD420 - SmartCal Media Calibration
- Make sure media is properly loaded, the printer cover is closed, and the printer is powered on.
- Press and hold the PAUSE + CANCEL buttons for two seconds.
- The printer will feed and measure several labels. When done, the printer will return to READY status.
For more detailed information, please see Zebra printer diagnostics information found here.
- With the printer powered up, hold down the feed button
- Wait until you get the "two flash" sequence from the status light (the printer will first flash once, then twice).
- After the two-flash, release the feed button.
Zebra ZP-450, ZP-500, ZP-505:
- With the printer powered up, hold down the feed button.
- Wait until the you get the "four flash" sequence from the status light (the printer will first flash once, then twice, then three times, then four times).
- After the four-flash, release the feed button.
- Turn off the printer power using the power switch on the back of the printer.
- On the printer, hold the feed button down and turn power back on
- As soon as the feed button starts to blink red, release the feed button. The printer will cycle through several labels.
- Once it is done, press feed button one more time to get the printer out of dump.
- Go to Devices and Printers
- Select the ZM400 icon
- Select Printing Preferences
- Select the tab Advanced Setup
- Select Calibrate
NOTE: If a 4 flash calibration does not work, or your printer does not go to four flashes, please try with a two flash calibration. Learn more.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.