We all love to show our thanks to our customers. One easy way is to send a thank you email making them a Most Valuable Shopper after they spend $x.xx or more with you.
This article will guide you through filtering customers who have spent more than a certain dollar amount with you and with creating an Action to automatically send a thank you email when they reach this threshold.
Before beginning, there are a couple of things you will need:
Be sure that you are logged in to ShipWorks as a user with rights to edit and create Filters and Actions.
The first step in automating emails is to identify to which customers the email(s) will be sent. In ShipWorks, this is done using a Filter. In this article, we will be sending an email to any customer that has spent $300.00 or more.
The great news is that there is already a default filter in ShipWorks that we can use by just modifying it slightly. Let's take a quick look at it so that we understand what it does.
2. Click on the Customers tab and then select the Spent $100 or More filter.
3. Click on the Edit button.
The Filter Editor shows you what this filter is doing. In this case, the filter is sorting out all customers that have spent $100.00 or more. (This is the sum of all orders placed by the customer.)
To specify the dollar amount the customer must have spent, simply change $100.00 to the dollar amount. In this case, we are updating the value to $300.00.
You may also wish to update the name of the Filter.
Great question. You can modify the filter to do exactly that.
1. Click on the Add Condition button. (It is the little green circle with the white + in it.) You will see a new condition appear.
2. Click on Orders Placed and select For every > Order...
3. Click on the second Add Condition button. A new line will appear. Click on Order Total and select Store > Store Instance.
4. From the drop-down, select the store to which you want the customers to be associated.
Now the filter will identify any customers that spent $300 or more with the store you selected.
5. Click OK then Close.
Next, let's set up an action that will automatically fire off an email to a customer the moment a second order for that customer enters ShipWorks.
2. Click on the New Action button.
3. Give your action a name. For this example, we will name the action Email Repeat Customers.
4. Click on the When the following occurs: drop-down menu and select A filter's content changes.
5. Click on the blue word Order and select Customer.
6. Click on the drop-down menu and select the Spent $300 or More filter.
7. Click on the Add Task button and select Email.
8. From the With template: drop-down menu, select the filter that you would like email.
9. Optionally, if you would like to delay the delivery of the emails, you can do so. For example, you could have ShipWorks send the email the following day. For this example, we are leaving this setting unchecked so that the email is sent as soon as a customer's second order is downloaded into ShipWorks.
10. Click OK and then Close.
From this point forward, any customer that has spent $300 or more will have an email automatically sent to them.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.