We've made getting the support you need even easier. You can now request a Chat with a ShipWorks support representative who will be more than happy to help answer any questions you have.
This article will guide you through how to request a chat.
Requesting a Chat Session
Starting a chat session with a ShipWorks support representative is easy. Here's how:
1. Go to support.shipworks.com.
2. During Chat hours you will be prompted with a Chat button located in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Click on the Chat button to initiate a chat session.
First Time Chat
If this is your first time initiating a chat session with a ShipWorks support agent, you will be prompted with a pre-chat form so that you can introduce yourself and explain your support request.
1. Fill out the Name, Email, Phone Number, and Message fields. Then, click the Start Chat button.
Please be as descriptive as you can when sending your message in order to help your assigned support agent to fully understand your request.
Returning Visitors or Customers Logged Into the Support Portal
If you have previously chatted with a ShipWorks support agent or if you are logged into your ShipWorks Support Portal Account, a pre-chat form will be displayed and will be automatically populated with your contact information.
1. Fill out the Message field being as detailed as you can in order to help your assigned support agent to fully understand your request. Then, click the Start chat button.
That's it! You've initiated a chat session and a Support representative will be with you very shortly.
Ending a Chat Session
At the completion of your chat, you can end the session:
1. Click on the Options button. (The three little dots in the lower-right corner of the chat window.)
2. Click on End chat.
3. If you are asked if you are sure that you wish to end this chat, click End.
Rating the Chat Session
Once a chat session has been completed and has ended, you may be asked to rate the chat session and will have the ability to leave a comment.
Sending a File or Image Through Chat
In some instances you may be asked to send a file or an image through the chat window to the agent that is assisting you. Here's how:
1. Click on the Attachment icon. (The paperclip in the lower-right corner of the chat window.)
2. Navigate to the file or image you would like to attache and click Open. The file or image will be automatically uploaded in the chat window.
Things to Know
During a chat session, if the chat sits idle (no activity such as mouse movement or typing) the session may automatically end after 20 minutes. If this happens, please feel free to initiate another chat.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.