Table of Contents
ShipWorks One Balance includes the option to ship with UPS from ShipWorks.
When you create a UPS from ShipWorks account, you will enjoy savings of up to 62% off regular UPS rates, as well as reduced pickup rates and guaranteed delivery services. Once you've added UPS from ShipWorks to ShipWorks One Balance, any labels you create using these services will use your ShipWorks One Balance account balance.
Review the sections below for instructions on how to add a UPS from ShipWorks account to ShipWorks One Balance and to learn about other features available for these UPS shipments.
If you are attempting to add your existing UPS account to ShipWorks, please see this article.
First Things First
In order to use ShipWorks One Balance you will need to be running ShipWorks version 7.8 or later. If you are unsure of what version of ShipWorks you are currently running, or if you need to upgrade, please see this article.
This article also assumes that you have a USPS from Stamps.com account added to ShipWorks.
Configuring a UPS from ShipWorks Account
Configuring a UPS from ShipWorks account with ShipWorks One Balance is easy. Here's how:
1. Click on the Manage tab and then on the Shipping Settings button.
2. Select ShipWorks One Balance from the list of available carriers. (You can also select UPS.)
3. Click the Enable UPS button.
4. Review the UPS Promotional Rates Agreement, the UPS Technology Agreement, and the Prohibited Goods information. Click Next.
5. Enter your UPS account information. All fields are required. Then, click Next.
6. The Labels screen allows you to specify the label format you need for the type of printer you will be using.
- Standard Inkjet or Laser printer - Select Standard
- Most newer thermal printers (Zebra 450, 500, etc) - Select Zebra (ZPL)
- Older thermal printers (Zebra 2844, etc) - Select Zebra (EPL)
If prompted, selected your label format, then click Next.
7. The Origin Address screen allows you to enter multiple origin or from addresses that you can use when shipping. To add a new address, click the New button. Otherwise, click Next.
8. The Shipment Defaults screen allows you to set the base defaults that are selected when shipping with UPS and to add additional shipping rules used to select additional defaults. Shipping rules are outside of the scope of this article. However, let's talk about setting your base defaults for UPS.
If you wish to set base defaults for UPS, continue with step 8a. Otherwise, just to step 9.
8a. Click the blue link for Defaults - UPS.
8b. On the Shipping Profile screen, select your most commonly used UPS settings in each section. If a particular option does not apply to you, you can feel free to skip it. Nothing is required. This screen simply allows you to set the most commonly used UPS options. Note: There are two tabs at the top of the Profile screen. The Packages tab allows you to specific package defaults such as weight and dimensions.
When you are finished with your defaults, click OK and then Next.
9. The Printing Setup screen allows you to specify whether or not ShipWorks should automatically print your shipping labels after processing and to configure how ShipWorks handles the printing of your labels.
Return Labels: If you will be automatically generating return shipping labels to include in your shipments and you wish for the return labels to automatically be printed, check the box for Automatically print return shipping labels after processing.
We recommend leaving the default settings for the remainder of the options on this screen.
After clicking the Next button, you may be prompted to select the printer(s) to which you wish to print your shipping labels.
- Labels\Thermal - Select the thermal printer with which you will print your UPS labels. If you do not use a thermal printer, just click Use Default.
- Labels\Standard - Select your standard laser or inkjet printer.
- Labels\Commercial Invoice - Select your standard laser or inkjet printer.
10. On the Processing Setup screen, you have the option of configuring an email address in ShipWorks so that you can send emails to your customers. You can also set the default Local Status for orders after you process a shipment. For now, we are going to leave the default settings and just click Next.
Email - This is optional. However, if you wish to configure an email account with ShipWorks, you can follow the steps in this article.
Local Status - We recommend the default settings.
11. You will be prompted once your account was successfully added to ShipWorks. (Please note that it may take a few moments.)
You will be returned to the ShipWorks One Balance screen where you can view your available balance, add funds to your account, or configure automatic funding of your account.
Processing a Shipment
When processing a shipment, be sure to select UPS from ShipWorks as your UPS account so that you can enjoy all of the benefits available to you with ShipWorks One Balance.
You may also wish to configure ShipWorks so that your UPS from ShipWorks account is automatically selected for you. Click here to learn how.
UPS from ShipWorks Available Features
UPS from ShipWorks supports the following standard features:
Integration Notes and Tips
You cannot void a UPS from ShipWorks label once it has been scanned by UPS. If you attempt to do so, an error will be displayed letting you know that the shipment was not voided.
UPS uses dimensional weight (DIM) when calculating rates. Always include the dimensions of the shipment as well as weight for accurate rates.
You cannot ship alcohol with this version of UPS. You must use your own UPS account.
If you would like to learn more about ShipWorks One Balance, please see the following:
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.