Table of Contents
DHL Express is an international carrier that provides delivery to over 220 countries and territories.
ShipWorks One Balance: DHL Express from ShipWorks allows you to create DHL Express labels without the need for a personal DHL Express account and provides discounts of up to 66% off DHL Express retail postage costs.
This article will guide you through the process of signing up for a DHL Express from ShipWorks account. If you are adding an existing DHL Express account, please see this article.
First Things First
In order to use DHL Express from ShipWorks with ShipWorks One Balance you will need to be running ShipWorks version 7.8 or later. If you are unsure of what version of ShipWorks you are currently running, or if you need to upgrade, please see this article.
This article also assumes that you have a USPS from Stamps.com account added to ShipWorks.
Additionally, If you have a DHL Express account already connected to ShipWorks, you will not be able to add DHL Express to ShipWorks One Balance. If this is the case, simply create DHL Express labels using your existing account and the rates in your existing DHL Express contract.
Configuring a DHL Express from ShipWorks Account
Configuring a DHL Express from ShipWorks account with ShipWorks One Balance is easy. Here's how:
1. Click on the Manage tab and then on the Shipping Settings button.
2. Select ShipWorks One Balance from the list of available carriers.
3. Click on the Add DHL Express button located in the One Balance Carrier Accounts section.
4. The Shipment Defaults screen allows you to set your base defaults for DHL Express. (These are the most commonly used shipping settings that you use when shipping with DHL Express.) You can also set up more complex shipping rules on this screen, but this is outside the scope of this article. For more information on shipping rules, check out this article.
To set your base defaults:
a. Click on the blue link Defaults - DHL Express.
b. On the Shipping Profile screen, set any options that you use most commonly when shipping with DHL Express. Once you have set your base defaults, click OK. Then, click Next.
5. The Printing Setup screen allows you to setup how ShipWorks prints and to what printer(s) labels are sent to. We recommend leaving the rules alone (leave the default settings) and just click Next. However, if you need more information on how to set up printing, please see this list of articles.
6. The Processing Setup screen allows for you to add and configure an email address in ShipWorks, set automatic email notifications for DHL Express, and to tell ShipWorks to what status the order should be set when processing or voiding a label. For the Local Status settings, we recommend leaving the defaults. For more information on how to configuring an email address and setting up shipment notification emails, you may be interested in the following article.
7. ShipWorks is now set up to ship with DHL Express from ShipWorks. Click Finish.
Once your DHL Express account has been added to ShipWorks and is ready to use, the Add DHL Express button will be removed from the ShipWorks One Balance Screen.
Shipping a Package with DHL Express from ShipWorks
To ship a package using DHL Express from ShipWorks, select DHL Express as the Provider: when configuring your shipment.
Scheduling a DHL Pickup
You can easily schedule a pickup by using the DHL website scheduler.
Things to Know
Existing DHL Express accounts are not eligible for ShipWorks One Balance.
- Maximum weight and dimensions: On September 1st, 2018, DHL Express updated the maximum actual weight for individual shipments to 150 pounds (70 kilograms), and the maximum length to 118 inches (300 centimeters). Packages over those maximum values will not be accepted by DHL Express. The total maximum weight for a multi-piece shipment will remain unchanged, at 2,200 pounds (1,000 kilograms).
Dimensional weight may apply to some shipments. Be sure to include shipment dimensions when getting a rate or creating a label to avoid unexpected charges.
- DHL Express from ShipWorks will not be approved if your existing Stamps.com is on the NSA rate plan.
If you would like to learn more about ShipWorks One Balance, please see the following:
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.