Amazon: Add a Store (US or Canada) in ShipWorks - Legacy
Update on How ShipWorks Connects to Amazon
Amazon has announced that as of July 31, 2022 the Amazon Marketplace Web Service (MWS) API will be deprecated and replaced with their Selling Partner API (SP-API). This means that ShipWorks customers currently importing orders from Amazon will need to migrate ShipWorks to the SP-API prior to that date.
Follow the steps found in the 'Amazon: Connect a Store to ShipWorks' article to ensure that you do not encounter any interruptions of service with your Amazon store(s) in ShipWorks.
ShipWorks connects directly to your Amazon Seller Central account via the Amazon API. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from Amazon.com. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method, and tracking information back to Amazon.com. ShipWorks supports Amazon US, Amazon CA, Amazon DE, Amazon ES, Amazon FR, Amazon IT, Amazon MX, and Amazon UK.
This article will guide you through the process of connecting your Amazon Seller Central Store to the ShipWorks software.
Before continuing there are a few things you will need to have available:
1. Must have an Amazon Professional Seller account.
2. Your Amazon Seller Central login username and password.
3. Your ShipWorks administrator username and password.
So that you can be sure that you have access to all of the latest tools and features that ShipWorks has to offer and so that you can ensure the steps in this article will work for you, we recommend making sure that you are running the latest version of the ShipWorks software. For assistance with checking your version of ShipWorks or with upgrading to the latest version, please see this help article.
3. Select United States from the country drop-down and then click Next. (You could actually choose any of the options, as ShipWorks supports all of these Amazon MWS platforms and the setup process is similar to this US example).
4. Amazon has recently updated the steps required to obtain your Amazon Seller ID:, Auth Token:, and Marketplace ID:.
4a. Click this link to open the Amazon MWS page.
4b. If prompted to, log into your Amazon Seller account.
4c. Once you are logged in, return to the ShipWorks software and, beginning with step 4, follow the steps on the Amazon MWS Credentials screen.
5. On the Amazon MWS Credentials screen, enter the Seller ID:, Auth Token:, and Marketplace ID: you obtained in step 6 into the appropriate fields. Then, click Next.
6. Now check Do not download orders that are Fulfilled By Amazon (FBA) and click Next. (This should actually be checked for you by default, but make sure. You probably don't want to download these orders).
7. Enter the name and address of your store and click Next. This information will be used on shipping labels or invoices whenever you select the "store address" option.
8. Enter your store's contact information, then click Next.
9. Review the default setup options on the next screen and click Next. (If you prefer, you can click the Edit link and specify a number of days from 1-30 to download the orders from that number of days. You may also uncheck the update shipment details box, if desired).
12. Read the final completion screen, click the Finish button, and get shipping!
To add an Amazon Canada store, you must be registered with an Amazon Canada Merchant ID and your Amazon Marketplace ID. You can login or register for these by clicking here. Your Amazon Canada Merchant ID and Marketplace ID appears on the last screen of the Amazon registration process. If you do not know your Amazon Merchant ID or your Marketplace ID, you may need to re-register with Amazon and record this information in an easy-to-remember place.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.