Scan forms allow the carrier to scan one barcode and obtain the shipping information for all associated shipments rather than scanning each package individually. ShipWorks has made it easy to create a USPS SCAN form each day. This article will guide you through the process of generating a USPS scan form.
Before generating a USPS scan form please ensure that you have processed at least one USPS shipment.
USPS SCAN Form Requirements
- You must be purchasing your postage online through Stamps.com.
- SCAN Forms must be used in conjunction with electronic USPS Tracking or electronic Signature Confirmation, otherwise they cannot be used.
- Packages on the SCAN form must have had their label created on the same business day as the Scan Form is printed.
- Multiple Scan Forms can be created on the same business day. This can be helpful in the event that there are shipments processed for more than one Ship Date on a single business day.
- You cannot make changes to shipments after printing a scan form or manifest and then proceed to use that scan form or manifest. If you make a change to a shipment after you've put it on a SCAN form or manifest, the form is invalidated.
click video to view full size
1. Click on the Home tab, click on the Scan Form button, and then click Create SCAN Form.... If you have more than one Stamps.com account connected to ShipWorks, you will be prompted to select the account for which you wish to print the scan form.
2. You will now see the shipments eligible for inclusion on the SCAN form. These are the shipments for which you have created a label today. Uncheck any shipments you do not wish to include. Verify the information and click the Create SCAN Form button.
3. When prompted, click the Print Now button. Then, select the printer to which you would like the Scan form to print and click the Print button.
4. The Scan form will now print to the printer specified.
click video to view full size
You can reprint a scan form easily. Here's how.
1. Click on the Home tab and then click on the Scan Form button. Select Print and then select the Scan Form you wish to reprint. If you have more than one Stamps.com account added to ShipWorks, you will be prompted to select the correct account.
2. On the Print screen, select the printer to which you would like to print the scan form. Click the Print button.
3. The scan form will print to the printer you specified.
Shipments on SCAN Forms Processed Outside of ShipWorks
Shipments that were previously included on a SCAN Form created outside of ShipWorks (such as SCAN Forms printed on Stamps.com) will not be included on the SCAN Form created in ShipWorks. Only shipments that are not already on a SCAN Form will be included.
SCAN Forms with Multiple Ship Dates
When processing SCAN forms containing shipments with multiple Ship Dates, you will need to process SCAN Forms for orders with shipments containing each Ship Date separately.
HERE IS AN EXAMPLE: If you processed labels with a Ship Date of 10/19 and labels with a Ship Date of 10/20 on the same business day, you will need to generate two SCAN Forms, one for orders with shipments containing the Ship Date of 10/19 and one for orders with a Ship Date of 10/20.
If you attempt to create a SCAN form that contains multiple Ship Dates, you will receive the following error message:
In this case, you would uncheck the orders containing the second ship date (10/20), leaving only orders selected for a single Ship Date (10/19) and process the SCAN Form. Then, create a second SCAN form the Ship Date of 10/20.
Scan Form 1 only contains orders for ship date 10/19
Scan Form 2 contains only orders for Ship Date 10/20
For assistance with identifying which orders contain which Ship Dates, please see the article on how to Filtering Orders by Ship Date.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.