Follow the steps outlined in this article when you encounter an error like the one in the below screenshot. This error means that your shipment details (carrier, carrier service, and tracking number) didn't update to your ChannelAdvisor storefront. You will need to take the additional steps (outlined below) for ShipWorks to properly send this information to ChannelAdvisor.
These steps may need to be followed when you change postage providers or services that aren't natively supported by ChannelAdvisor.
These instructions assume that you have a ChannelAdvisor store set up in ShipWorks and that you have already downloaded orders into ShipWorks.
1. Log on to the ChannelAdvisor control panel, using your ChannelAdvisor username and password.
2. If you have more than one ChannelAdvisor marketplace enabled, you will need to select an account before proceeding (and then repeat the steps below for each marketplace you use with ShipWorks).
3. Once in the ChannelAdvisor control panel, go to Fulfill > Carriers.
4. Enable your shipping carrier/carrier class from the Available list (left-side menu). Enable more than one carrier/carrier class by clicking on each one that you wish to enable.
As you click on a carrier/carrier service in the Available list, it will become highlighted and will automatically be added to the Enabled list.
Add any carrier/carrier class that is not in the list by entering the correct information into the Carrier Name, Carrier Class and Tracking URL Format fields (see the ChannelAdvisor screen tip for more information on how to add the Tracking URL Format). Then, click the Add Button.
Carrier Name and Carrier Class
The carrier name and carrier class information is case-sensitive and needs to be entered exactly how it appears in the shipping update sent from ShipWorks to ChannelAdvisor.
See the Check the Shipping Carrier and Class Code section below to learn how to see how ShipWorks sends the Carrier and Class to ChannelAdvisor.
If you receive an error message regarding shipment details failing to update, follow the steps below to configure and add a custom shipping value to ChannelAdvisor.
1. Locate a ChannelAdvisor order in ShipWorks and process it as normal or make sure you have an already-processed order.
2. Right-click your order and click Update Online Upload Shipment Details. This sends a message (called a request) with shipment information to ChannelAdvisor, and then ChannelAdvisor sends a message (called a response) back to ShipWorks.
3. Click on the Manage tab and then on the Settings button.
4. Select Logging from the left-side menu and click the View Current link.
5. Open your ChannelAdvisor folder.
6. Locate and open the file called OrderShipped - (Request). (The date/time associated with the file should match the time when you processed your ChannelAdvisor order).
7. Locate the carrier code and class code information. It will look like this: In this example, UPS Ground is the carrier and service used. Your file will have the carrier and service name that was actually used for the shipment.
8. Follow the steps above to navigate to the ChannelAdvisor shipping carrier screen. Enter the carrier code and class code information and click Add.
Your carrier and class will now display in alphabetical order on the Enabled list (right side). Repeat these steps for any other carrier methods that are not updating properly. When finished,you are now ready to update shipment details again in ShipWorks.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.