3dcart: Add a Store (ShipWorks version 5.2 or newer)
3dcart (Shift4Shop) is a feature-rich ecommerce platform serving businesses of all sizes in a wide range of industries across the globe. Offering an unmatched free eCommerce solution, the company provides everything you need to start — and grow — your business
ShipWorks connects directly to your 3dcart account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from 3dcart. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to 3dcart.
Before you set up your 3dcart store in ShipWorks you will need to setup and obtain connection information from within your 3dcart administration webpage. To do so, you will need to be able to log into your 3dcart administration page.
1. Log in to your 3dcart Administration webpage / Dashboard. Near the bottom of the 3dcart Dashboard navigation menu, click Modules.
2. In the search box type in the word Rest and then click the Search icon.
3. Find the REST API listing and click the Change Settings link (note you may need to click the Green Plus button to the left of the REST API listing to see the Change Settings link).
4. Click the + Add button near the top right.
5. Copy the below ShipWorks application Public Key to your clipboard (CTRL+C). Paste (CTRL+V) the copied value it into the 3dcart Public Key text box. Click the + Add button.
6. After clicking the + Add button a new webpage will open providing your 3dcart Token. Copy (CTRL+C) the 3dcart Token to your clipboard. You will need to input this value into the ShipWorks application.
3. Enter the Store URL: and API Token: for your 3dCart Store.
4. Select the number of days back to check for modified or skipped orders. Then, click Next.
About This Setting
When this option is not set to 0, ShipWorks will go back and check every order within the timeframe selected. This may take a little more time when downloading orders but, due to 3DCart limitations, not doing so may lead to missed order modifications or skipped orders.
5. Select your time zone from the drop-down menu. Click Next.
6. Enter the store information and address for your store. Then, click Next.
7. Enter the contact information for your store. Then, click Next.
8. Select how many days worth of order history should be download on the initial download. The default is 30 Days but, you can update the number of days to suit your needs. If you need to download all of your order history, click the blue Edit link and then select the option to Download all of my orders.
9. It is recommended to leave the default settings for When a shipment is processed:. However, if you do not wish for ShipWorks to update your 3DCart order status when an order is shipped, or if you wish for a different status to be sent to 3DCart, you can update these settings.
10. Click Next, then Finish, then Close.
That's it! Your 3DCart store is now added to ShipWorks and your orders will begin downloading automatically.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.