ChannelAdvisor: Use the Distribution Center ID
ShipWorks allows you to download the ChannelAdvisor Distribution Center ID. This article will guide you through how to display and how to filter your orders by the ChannelAdvisor Distribution Center.
Before you can download, display and filter your orders by the ChannelAdvisor Distribution Center, there are a few things you will need to have in place:
You need to have ShipWorks connected to ChannelAdvisor using the ChannelAdvisor REST API. You can easily see how you are currently connected to ChannelAdvisor. Here's how:
In ShipWorks, click on the Stores button. Then, select your ChannelAdvisor store and click on the Edit button.
Click on the Store Connection link on the left side of the screen. If the Store Connection screen looks like the image below, you will need to update to use the ChannelAdvisor REST API. Please follow the steps in this article to update to the REST API.
You will need to be logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights.
It is important to know that only orders downloaded after upgrading to ShipWorks version 5.16 or later and connecting to the ChannelAdvisor REST API will show the proper Distribution Center and Distribution Center ID. Orders downloaded prior to upgrading will not be updated with the correct Distribution Center information.
The ChannelAdvisor Distribution Center and Distribution Center ID are displayed at the item level. Let's update the ShipWorks Items Panel so that the Distribution Center and the Distribution Center ID columns are visible.
1. By default, the Items Panel is displayed in the lower left corner of the ShipWorks software. If the Items Panel is not visible, you can display it by:
Click on the View tab.
Click the Show Panels button and select Items.
2. Right click on any of the column heading in the Items Panel. A Column Order and Visibility window will display.
3. Scroll down in the list of available columns to locate the Distribution Center,Distribution Center ID, and Distribution Center Name columns. Check the box to the right of each to display the columns in the Items panel. Click anywhere outside of the Columns and Visibility window to close it.
The Distribution Center Code, Distribution Center ID, and Distribution Center Namecolumns are now visible in the Items panel. You can rearrange the order of the columns in the Items panel by clicking on the column heading and dragging it left or right.
Let's take a look at how to create a filter that will locate any orders that contain items associated to a specific ChannelAdvisor Distribution Center.
2. Click on the New Filter button.
3. Enter a name for the filter in the Filter Name: field. Then, select the folder for your ChannelAdvisor store. Click Next.
4. Click on the Add Condition button () for If All of the following conditions are met. A new line will display that states Order Total Equals $0.00.
5. Click on Order Total and select For Any Item.
6. Click on the second Add Condition button (). A new line will appear stating Item SKU Equals.
7. Click on Item SKU and select ChannelAdvisor Distribution Center Code.
You will notice that there is ChannelAdvisor Distribution Center Code,ChannelAdvisor Distribution Center ID, and Distribution Center Name available. You can select and filter on any of the 3 fields that work best for you.
8. Enter the name of the Distribution Center you wish to filter. In our example, we entered Los Angeles.
9. Click the Next button, click Finish, then click Close.
You now have a filter that will display all orders that contain items(s) for the Distribution Center you entered in the above steps.
Great question. Yes, you can.
1. Right-click on the filter that you just created and select Edit.
2. Click on the first Add Condition button (). A new line will display that says Order Total Equals $0.00.
3. Click on Order Total and select Order Local Status.
4. Click on the word Equals and select Does Not Equal.
5. Click on the drop-down menu and select Shipped.
6. Click OK.
The filter now displays only orders that have not been marked as Shipped that contain items with the distribution center that you specified in the filter.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.