ShipWorks allows you to ship packages using FedEx SmartPost. To do so you must enable SmartPost in ShipWorks by entering the HUB ID associated to your SmartPost enabled FedEx account. There are also a few defaults that can be easily set as a shipping profile within ShipWorks so that you can easily and quickly ship using SmartPost.
There are a few things that need to be in place prior to configuring SmartPost in ShipWorks.
a. You will need to have your FedEx account added to ShipWorks before you can enter the HUB ID needed to enable SmartPost. If you have not added your FedEx account to ShipWorks you can see how to do so here.
b. You will need to be sure that your FedEx account has been enabled for SmartPost. If you need to enable your FedEx account for SmartPost, please reach out to your FedEx representative to assist you.
c. You will need to know your HUB ID. This is usually provided to you by FedEx when your FedEx account is enabled for SmartPost. If you do not know your HUB ID you can reach out to your FedEx representative or you may be able to obtain your HUB ID from this page.
2. Select FedEx from the list of shipping providers located on the left side of the Shipping Settings screen.
3. In the FedEx Accounts box, select the FedEx account for which you wish to enter the SmartPost HUB ID. Then, click the Edit button.
4. On the FedEx Account screen, click on the Settings tab.
5. Enter your HUB ID into the HUB ID box located under FedEx SmartPost. If you have additional HUB IDs associated to your Fedex account you can enter them into the Additional HUB IDs box.
6. Click OK on the FedEx Accounts screen. Then, click Close on the Shipping Settings screen to return to the main ShipWorks orders grid.
That's it. You have enabled SmartPost with your FedEx account in ShipWorks!
You may wish to configure one or more shipping profiles in ShipWorks for SmartPost. Click here to learn how. This will make it much easier to set up a shipment or multiple shipments when processing labels using SmartPost.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.