Express1: Register for an Account
Express1 allows online retailers to get discounted USPS rates without having to produce a lot of volume or sign a contract promising to produce a certain number of shipments.
Complete both sections below (Express1 Registration and Modifying Your ShipWorks Settings) to activate the Express1 registration process. At the end of the registration, you will receive your Express1 account number and Express1 password.
If you have an existing Express1 account, please follow the instructions here.
1. In ShipWorks, go to Manage Shipping Settings USPS (Express1) Setup.
2. Confirm that Create a new Express1 account for use with ShipWorks is selected and click Next.
3. Enter the contact information you want associated with your Express1 account. Click Next.
4. Enable the checkbox to agree to Express1's terms and conditions and click Next.
5. Enter a valid method of payment and click Next.
Please note: This information will only be used by Express1 when purchasing postage.Your ShipWorks license/insurance information will not be charged to this credit card (unless it is the same credit card you used when/if you registered for a ShipWorks license.)
6. Proceed to Configuring ShipWorks Settings section to complete the registration. Important: Your Express1 account will not be registered (and you will not receive your account information) until after you complete this next section.
After completing the steps above, you will be taken to a series of screens that configure how you want to use Express1 with ShipWorks, including specifying your label type, applying customs declaration signatures, modifying default settings, and modifying your print setup. The instructions below assume you are still continuing the process from the previous (Express1 Registration) section.
1. (a) Select if your labels will be printing with a thermal printer (if applicable) and use the drop-down method to select the thermal type. If you are printing with a standard printer, leave the checkbox blank.
(b) If you are shipping internationally, you can enable the electronic signature for customs declarations by enabling the I certify that my customs declarations are correct option and inputting your name . This will apply your electronic signature for every international shipment through Express1. Click Next.
2. Add or Edit an origin address to use as a return address for your Express1 account. Click Next.
3. Click the Defaults - USPS (Express1) link to select defaults to be applied to every Express1 shipment (including specifying an origin address, hiding postage, using a specific service, insurance, and so on). Click Next.
4.Verify thatthe Automatically Print Labels After Processing checkbox is enabled in order to apply that setting to your Express1 shipments. If this option is enabled, your labels will automatically print when you click the Process (or Process All) button (Home Ship Orders). If you would like to manually print your labels, disable the checkbox.
5. We recommend keeping the default printing rules and then click Next.
If the shipment is in Thermal (filter), print with Thermal (label template).
Otherwise, always print with Standard (label template).
Please note: You can change the printers associated with these label templates by going to Manage Templates Expand the Labels Folder Select Your Template Edit Settings Tab Printing.
6. (Optional): Click the Email Accounts button to configure an email account to use in ShipWorks. (ShipWorks can use these email settings to automatically send emails with shipment details to your customers.)
For more information on configuring email accounts in ShipWorks, see here.
7. Use the drop-down menu to modify the order status you want to apply to your order after processing / voiding (Example 1.6) and click Next.
Please note: Local Status is a value that is only used within ShipWorks, and it is never uploaded to your online cart. ShipWorks uses two statuses (Local Status and Online Status) to direct the workflow of your shipments (like shipments that are shipped, voided, backordered). Local status is not the same as online status (the customer-facing information that appears in your online cart). Unless you have an elaborate custom setup, we recommend using the default settings in Example 1.6.
8. Your registration is now complete. Click the Buy Postage button to add postage to your account (so you can purchase pre-paid labels). Take note of your Express1 account number and password and then click Finish.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.