Amazon: Adding Amazon Buy Shipping API to ShipWorks
ShipWorks supports Amazon merchant-fulfilled shipping as a premium integration with the Amazon Buy Shipping API.
There are a few things that need to be completed prior to adding Amazon Buy Shipping API as a shipping option and this article will guide you through these steps in addition to adding Amazon Buy Shipping API as a shipping option in ShipWorks.
We will also show you how to create a filter that will automatically sort out the Amazon Prime orders and how to make ShipWorks automatically apply default shipping settings to those orders.
See this article for a list of Frequently Asked Questions related to shipping Amazon merchant fulfilled prime orders in ShipWorks.
Prior to adding Amazon Buy Shipping API as a shipping provider in the ShipWorks software, please be sure that:
So that you can be sure that you have access to all of the latest tools and features that ShipWorks has to offer and so that you can ensure the steps in this article will work for you, we recommend making sure that you are running the latest version of the ShipWorks software. Please see this article for assistance with checking your version of ShipWorks or with upgrading to the latest version.
You are logged into ShipWorks as a user with administrator rights
You have accepted Amazon's Shipping Services terms and conditions.
Click the link above to be taken to your Amazon Seller Central account. Log into you Amazon Seller account, if required. Then, select the options that are relevant to you. Then, click Submit . (The below image is for reference only.)
2. Select Amazon Buy Shipping APIfrom the list of available shipping providers. Then, click the Setup button.
If Amazon is not in this list, select General, then check Amazon Buy Shipping API in the Active Providers list.
3. Review and accept the Terms and Conditions. Then, click Next on the Amazon Buy Shipping API Setup Wizard.
5. Enter the Contact Information as prompted on the screen. Then, click Next.
Setting the Shipping Defaults
6. You may wish to select the default options for your Amazon Buy Shipping API shipments so that you do not have to select them for each shipment. You can do this by clicking on the Defaults - Amazon Buy Shipping API link.
OPTIONAL: CREATE AN AMAZON MERCHANT FULFILLED PRIME SHIPPING RULE
This is an optional step. However , we recommend it so that the merchant fulfilled shipping options are selected automatically for each merchant fulfilled shipment you process in ShipWorks.
You can skip setting up the shipping rule by continuing with step 8.10 below.
8. On the Shipment Defaults screen, click the Add Rule button.
8.1 Click the drop-down menu after If the order is in and then click Quick Filter Create.
8.2 Type a name for the filter, like Amazon Prime.
8.3 Click the Add Condition icon.
8.4 Click Order Total and select Order Amazon Prime.
8.5 Use the drop-down menus and make sure the condition reads: "Amazon Prime Equals Yes". Then, click OK.
8.6 To the right of the line If the order is in Amazon Prime apply profile, click the blue link (none). Then, select Manage Profiles... from the drop-down menu.
8.7 On the Manage Profiles screen, click the Add button.
8.8 Name the profile Amazon Prime. Then, enter your preferred profile defaults:
Then, click OK. Then, Close.
8.9 Select your newly created Amazon Prime profile by clicking on the blue none link, then Select, then your Amazon Prime profile.
8.10 Click Next to proceed to the Printing Setup screen.
9. It is recommended that you leave the Printing Setup screen with the default settings. You can modify if needed. Click Next and if prompted select the printer(s) to which you will print your labels.
10. The Processing Setup screen allows for you to add and configure an email address in ShipWorks and to tell ShipWorks to what status the order should be set when processing or voiding a label. For the Local Status settings, we recommend leaving the defaults.
If you have already added an Amazon store to the ShipWorks software, you may be prompted that Amazon specific filters have already been created in ShipWorks for you. Just click OK.
11. Click Finish.
Congratulations!! You are all set and ready to start shipping your merchant fulfilled orders.
Shipping Amazon Prime Same-Day Orders in ShipWorks
Shipping with Amazon's Biuy Shipping API
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.