The ShipWorks integration with FedEx allows for you to process shipping labels using the FedEx Ground® Economy service. The FedEx Ground® Economy service requires a few FedEx options to be selected when processing labels. This article will cover how to process a FedEx Ground® Economy label and what options must be selected.
There are a few things that need to be in place prior to configuring FedEx Ground® Economy in ShipWorks:
Your FedEx account added to ShipWorks. Need to add your FedEx account? Learn how here
Your FedEx account has been enabled for FedEx Ground® Economy. Need to have your FedEx account enabled for FedEx Ground® Economy? Please reach out to your FedEx representative to assist you.
You will need your FedEx HUB ID. The HUB ID is usually provided to you by FedEx when your FedEx account is enabled for FedEx Ground® Economy. Need to obtain your HUB ID? Please reach out to your FedEx representative, or you may be able to obtain your HUB ID from the FedEx Ground® Economy page.
ShipWorks gives you the ability to process FedEx Ground® Economy labels from the Shipping panel. However, we recommend that you create a Ground® Economy shipping profile so that you can apply the default settings required using the Shipping Panel. To learn how, see this article: Create a Shipping Profile for FedEx Ground® Economy.
1. Select the order for which you wish to process a SmartPost label.
You can easily find the order if you know the order number or the customer's first or last name by using the Search All Orders box at the top of the ShipWorks application.
2. Load the selected order onto the Ship Orders screen by clicking on the Home tab and then the Ship Orders button.
3. On the Ship Orders screen, select FedEx as the shipping provider from the Provider drop-down menu.
4. On the Ship Orders screen, scroll down to the Shipment Details section and select FedEx Ground® Economy as the Service. Hint: You can expand the Shipment Details section, if needed, by clicking on the double arrows to the right of the Shipment Details section.
5. Enter the correct Packaging, Weight, Dimensions and any other needed information related to your shipment.
One thing to note is that FedEx requires that the dimensions for a FedEx Ground® Economy shipment be at least 6" L X 4" W X 1" H.
6. Scroll down to the FedEx Ground® Economy section of the Ship Orders screen and, if needed, expand it so that you can see the available options.
7. Select the appropriate options for your shipment.
See the FedEx Ground® Economy Shipping page for more information on the available options.
8. Once you are finished selecting the appropriate options you can click on Create Label to generate your shipping label.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.