The OpenSky online e-commerce site is a place where retailers and shoppers can connect. Consumers can socially shop online by engaging each other via social media, discussing flash sales, or just browsing the website’s plethora of clothing, accessories, bags, furniture, and other everyday items for the home and office.
ShipWorks connects directly to your OpenSky account. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from OpenSky. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to OpenSky.
This article will guide you through how to connect your OpenSky store to the ShipWorks software.
1. Contact OpenSky directly and request a ShipWorks account activation. You will receive an email within 2 business days with your ShipWorks integration information: a username, password, and a URL.
2. When you receive this email, make sure that you have shipped ALL of your Pending orders. When you have 0 pending and review orders, you can log into ShipWorks and add your store!
3. In the Store Setup screen enter the Username, Password, and the URL provided to you by OpenSky. Then, click Next.
Great! You are connected. Now, you will need to fill out a few more screens.
4. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
5. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
6. Select how much order history you would like to download into ShipWorks during your initial download. The default is to download 30 Days of order history into ShipWorks. You can modify this by clicking on the Edit link.
9. Verify that the settings for When the shipment is processed: are correct. Typically, you would leave the checkbox for Update my online orders with the shipment details checked.
10. Click Next and then Finish. Then, click Close.
Your OpenSky orders will begin to download into ShipWorks automatically. You can also manually download your orders any time by clicking on the Home tab and then on the Download button.
1. Orders enter the In Processing state in your Orders tab when they download to ShipWorks. Even though they are In Processing, they will still read as Pending in your OpenSky Merchant Toolkit.
2. If you need to cancel an order, Contact OpenSky directly.
3. When you ship the order via ShipWorks, the shipment information is automatically updated on OpenSky too. Shoppers won't receive an email from OpenSky until this happens.
4. Check the weight of all orders after they enter ShipWorks. ShipWorks uses only ounces. This means that if you have the weight of an item listed as 2 pounds, it will be imported as having a weight of 2 ounces, and the corresponding cost of shipment will be incorrect. You need to change the weight manually to generate the correct shipping cost.
5. After adding your OpenSky store to ShipWorks, do not process orders in the Merchant Toolkit. You don't need to send shipping confirmations to your customers. OpenSky automatically sends an email when you ship orders from ShipWorks. If you have any problems or the orders seem to be out of sync, please Contact OpenSky directly.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.