ShipWorks' integration with UPS WorldShip provides you with the ability to export order data from ShipWorks into UPS WorldShip so that you can process your shipments using the features available in WorldShip. ShipWorks exports all order data to WorldShip and automatically imports the tracking number, UPS service used, and cost of each shipment as soon as a shipment is processed.
Before you use UPS (WorldShip) with ShipWorks, you will need to:
Enable remote connections in ShipWorks
So that you can be sure that you have access to all of the latest tools and features that ShipWorks has to offer and so that you can ensure the steps in this article will work for you, we recommend making sure that you are running the latest version of the ShipWorks software. For assistance with checking your version of ShipWorks or with upgrading to the latest version, please see this help article.
Have a UPS shipping account already set up
Install the UPS WorldShip application on your computer or local network and make sure it is running
2. From the list of available shipping providers, select UPS (WorldShip).
3. Next, click on the Setup button to launch the UPS Setup Wizard.
4. Enter your UPS account number. Then, check that you've read and agree to the UPS terms and conditions. Click Next.
5. On the Account Registration screen, review the agreement. Then, check that you accept the agreement. Click Next.
6. Enter the information associated with your UPS account. Then, click Next.
Note: You can easily import your address information from your store setup by clicking on the Store link near the top of the screen.
7. Select how your UPS rates are displayed in ShipWorks on the Configure how ShipWorks displays shipping rates screen. This does not affect what rates you are charged by UPS, only how your rates are displayed for you inside of ShipWorks.
If you have negotiated rates with ShipWorks, please select the Negotiated (account based rates) option and then follow the steps in this article. Otherwise, in most cases, you can leave the default rate type of Daily Pickup.
Then, click Next.
8. Check the Launch WorldShip after processing if installed on this computer checkbox. Then, click the Create WorldShip Connection button. Once the Connection is completed, click OK. Then, click Next.
9. Click the New button to add a new address. The Origin Address screen allows you to enter multiple origin or from addresses that you can use when shipping. Click Next.
Note: See Configure Origin Addresses for detailed information on how to add additional origin addresses.
10. The Shipment Defaults screen allows you to set the base defaults that are selected when shipping with UPS WorldShip and to add additional shipping rules used to select additional defaults. Shipping rules are outside of the scope of this article. However, let's talk about setting your base defaults for UPS WorldShip.
If you wish to set base defaults for UPS WorldShip, continue with step 10a. Otherwise, just to step 11.
10a. Click the blue link for Defaults - UPS (WorldShip).
10b. On the Shipping Profile screen, select your most commonly used UPS settings in each section. If a particular option does not apply to you, you can feel free to skip it. Nothing is required. This screen simply allows you to set the most commonly used UPS options.
There are two tabs at the top of the Profile screen. The Packages tab allows you to specify specific package defaults such as weight and dimensions.
When you are finished with your defaults, click OK and then Next.
11. Click Next on the Processing Setup screen to use the default settings or configure an Email address and Local Status.
Email - This is optional. However, if you wish to configure an email account with ShipWorks, you can Adding Your Email to ShipWorks.
Local Status - We recommend the default settings.
12. Click Finish. Then, Close. That's it! You are set up and ready to start printing labels with UPS.
Now that you have your UPS WorldShip account configured in ShipWorks, there are a few more configuration options that you may wish to know about. We will cover some of those here.
You can easily get back to your UPS WorldShip configuration any time by clicking on the Manage tab, then the Shipping Settings button, and then select UPS (WorldShip).
You can control whether or not the WorldShip application automatically launches after processing a shipment in ShipWorks. You can also redo the connection to WorldShip from here in the event you should need to.
UPS Accounts If you ship using more than one UPS account, you can add additional UPS accounts to ShipWorks by clicking the Add button here. You can also edit your existing UPS account information by clicking the Edit button.
If you ship with UPS using the UPS Mail Innovations service, you can enable the service here by checking the box for UPS Mail Innovations.
Lastly, you can control which services and package types are available to you when shipping a package with UPS WorldShip. In the Available Services and the Available Package Types section, simply uncheck any options you wish to not have available to you when shipping.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.