Some online carts (like Etsy, Magento, 3D Cart) only allow you to update online information to the marketplace once (and only once). They do not allow information to be overwritten. Make sure you are familiar with your online cart or marketplace's policy and verify your shipment information is correct before processing a shipment.
1. In ShipWorks, go to Manage Actions.
2. On the Action Manager screen, look for an action that has been disabled (there will be a strikethrough through the name, run when, and tasks fields).
The action itself should resemble:
Action name: Online Update (if the name is different, that's okay.)
Run When: A shipment is processed
Tasks: Upload shipment details
3.Select the checkbox next to the name to enable it.
4.Click Close to exit.
5.Process a shipment to prompt the action to occur. If this does not fix your problem, try creating a new action below.
1. In ShipWorks, click on the Manage tab and then on the Actions button.
2. On the Action Manager screen, click the New Action button.
3. In the text box at the top of the screen, name your action Upload Shipment Details.
4. From the drop-down menu, select A shipment is processed.
5. Select the checkbox next to Only for Normal Shipments.
6. Click Add Task. Then, select Your Store > Update Online. Modify your settings (as necessary).
Please note: You can add more stores to this action by clicking "Add Task" and repeating step 6 (as needed).
7. Click Settings (left-side menu) and modify settings as necessary (such as limiting the action to run on one specific computer or only allowing the action to run for a particular store).
8. Click OK and Close to exit.
Process a shipment as normal to test your new setup.
If you're having difficulties with an action performing more than once, check for duplicate actions in your setup.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.