Etsy provides a marketplace for merchants who sell upcycled, vintage, and handmade products. The Etsy e-commerce community benefits both sellers and their customers with a well-updated blog, in-app notes from buyers, coupon codes, discount amounts, and carrier tracking information.
ShipWorks connects directly to your Etsy seller account via the Etsy API. With one click, or on an automated schedule, your orders are downloaded from Etsy. As soon as you process a shipment, ShipWorks communicates the updated order status, shipping method and tracking information back to Etsy.
Connect to the New Etsy API
Etsy has recently introduced a new API used to connect Etsy to third-party applications such as ShipWorks. All ShipWorks merchants must connect to Etsy using the new API by March 31, 2023.
Please ensure that you are running ShipWorks version 9.12.0 or later prior to continuing with the steps found in this article.
Already have an Etsy store connected to ShipWorks and need to update to the new Etsy API? Please see the Etsy: Migrate to the New Etsy API article found here.
Before you begin, please be sure that you:
Have your Etsy username (or email address) and password available
Are logged in to ShipWorks as an administrator
3. Enter the number of days (1 - 30) worth of order history to download into the days back field. Then, click the Next button.
For example: Enter 30 if you would like the previous 30 days of order history to download into ShipWorks.
Great! You are connected. Now, you will need to fill out a few more screens.
9. On the Store Information screen, enter your Store Name: and Address:. Then, click Next.
10. Enter the additional Contact Information: for your store. Then, click Next.
Note: This information is optional.
11. Verify that the settings for When the shipment is processed: are correct. Typically, you would leave the checkbox for Update my online orders with the shipment details checked.
12. Click Next and then Finish. Then, click Close.
Your Etsy orders will begin to download into ShipWorks automatically.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.