Use ShipWorks to generate and email a return shipping label to your customers. This process is useful when you just need to send a one-off return label to a single customer so that they can return an order to you.
Search for and select an order by using the Search All Orders box at the top of the ShipWorks application. Enter the order number or the customer's first or last name to quickly locate an order.
Next, create the return shipment. Depending upon whether or not your order has multiple shipments associated to it, you will need to create the return in one of two ways:
1. With the order selected, click on the Home tab and then the Ship Orders button.
2. Select the original shipment from the Shipments list on the left. Then, select Ship Again > Ship Again as Return.
A new, return shipment is created with the This is a return shipment checkbox checked.
Verify that the label format for the return shipment is set to Standard so that the label is in a format that can be emailed to your customer.
1. Ensure that the return shipment is selected on the Ship Orders screen. Then, expand the Label Options section and select Standard from the Requested Label Format drop-down menu.
2. Click the Create Label button to generate the return shipping label.
If you have a standard laser or inkjet printer connected you may wind up with a printed label on this printer. If you do not need the printed label you can recycle it.
3. Click Close on the Ship Orders screen to return to the main ShipWorks screen.
1. Right click on the order for which you just created the return shipment. Then, select Compose Email and select the Labels > Standard template.
The Compose Email screen will open with a preview of the return shipping label.
2. Verify that the To: address and Subject: are correct. Type any message that you wish for your customer in the body of the email. Then, click the Send button to send the email.
3. Verify that your return email was sent successfully by viewing the Emails panel. The Emails panel can be opened on the View tab by clicking the Show Panels button.
Still Need Help?
Please feel free to reach out to one of our awesome Technical Support Representatives in St. Louis. We are happy to help.
Have a comment to share about this article? We'd love to hear from you. You must be logged in to your Support Portal account to leave a comment.